🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork promoting freelancers on Upwork
Page options
lascap_01
Community Member

Upwork promoting freelancers on Upwork

Hey Upwork? do you verify carefully a freelancer's work before promoting it on Facebook? it's looks like you don't and that's sad becasue real professionals could use this promotion much better.

11 REPLIES 11
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pascal,

Could you please share more information about the promotion you're referring to? I'd like to look into it and escalate it to the correct team.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Could you please share more information about the promotion you're referring to? I'd like to look into it and escalate it to the correct team.

I guess he means this on Upwork's Facebook feed. The guy is in the OPs niche...

Yes that's him..most of all his work are copied from google images and it shows... please use real professionals for promotion at least better cheaters 😞

Pascal S wrote:

Yes that's him..most of all his work are copied from google images and it shows... please use real professionals for promotion at least better cheaters 😞

That's quite a sweeping and serious accusation... All the ones I checked only appeared on Google Images as coming from his (own) external portfolio website...

I didn't check them all, but a good number of them.

It's obvious, his style is not consistant, I am sorry but it shows. I don't buy it, the way it's drawn, ask any pro he'll tell you. 

Pascal S wrote:

It's obvious, his style is not consistant, I am sorry but it shows. I don't buy it, the way it's drawn, ask any pro he'll tell you. 

So you didn't actually SEE any of his work on Google Images? You just threw out a plagiarism accusation based on a hunch and even gave a source without checking?

Petra , that said you didn't have to post the add here, I never mentioned his name or linked this add to anyone, I just wanted to do a head's up from those who post these adds. Unless we are the only one to see it.

Pascal S wrote:

Petra , that said you didn't have to post the add here,

Fine, I removed it. 

Pascal S wrote:

I never mentioned his name or linked this add to anyone,

How long do you think it would take to find? (Answer: less than a minute)

So, let's get back to your claim that "almost all" his work is stolen from Google Images.

Did you find ANY of his work via google images and without it leading right back to his own website or his Amazon profile for all the published stuff?

If something isn't on Google Images it obviously can't be stolen from Google Images, can it?

When I say Google images it's an expression , it can come from any media, the important thing here is that the process of overpainting has a kind of signature that real illustration don't. finding the reference can take hours, I found the baseball catcher kid not exactly the one he drew but it's from a movie, I bet I'll find the exact pose from it if I take the time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for flagging, Pascal.

I'll be sure to escalate this to the correct team for their review.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lascap_01
Community Member

I think it's bad for Upwork to promote that kind of portfolios because it does not reflect the kind of talents we can find here, thank you for adjusting the situation

Pascal

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths