Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork put a contract on hold - advice please

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Karen K Member Since: Mar 5, 2017
1 of 2

Folks,

I have a very good hourly client. We've been working together regularly for two months. He is painfully disorganized, but he is very happy with my work and I've always been paid fully and on time.

Yesterday his assistant set up a briefing meeting for a significant new batch of work. Overnight, Upwork paused the contract and advised me to hold off on working for the client until the issue is resolved.

I've never had this happen before and I'm looking for any insight. What triggers an email like this? Also, at what point would you raise it with the client? Before or after the meeting? I obviously charge for meetings, but won't be able to log time this morning. l'm curious what others will do in this situation, given that this is a long-term, trusted client.

It should go without saying that I won't do any substantive work without getting paid. 

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Karen

here's the text from Upwork

We've noticed some possible issues with your contract with [client name]. 

While we take a closer look, we'll need to put your contract on hold temporarily.

Please hold off on working on this contract until we give you the all clear. I know these holds are frustrating, but they are essential for the safety of your account and the marketplace. We're doing all we can to clear things up quickly.

Vladimir G Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Karen,

While I can't share any information about the specific reason why your contract was placed on hold, note that contracts can get suspended for a number of reasons, for example in case a client's credit card expires. Please contact your client for an explanation and resume working only once you can see the suspension has been lifted.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS