🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork "customer service", if that's what you...
Page options
creativeventures
Community Member

Upwork "customer service", if that's what you consider yourself, please contact me.

Matt, you did not answer my question, nor consider Upwork's error in completely wiping out my Job Success Score. Supplying me with links to how it is calculated, how often it is calculated, etc, is NOT considered "SOLVED" when your response does not apply to my complaint. It is unacceptable to provide a canned response, mark the issue "resolved", and not provide a way for me to respond to you. That is simply one-sided. And, as all the other web-based companies are doing, Upwork has replaced good old-fashioned customer service and "Contact Us" with self-help links which are nothing more than an insult to people who have a legitmite problem.

4 REPLIES 4
a_lipsey
Community Member

Chris H wrote:

Matt, you did not answer my question, nor consider Upwork's error in completely wiping out my Job Success Score. Supplying me with links to how it is calculated, how often it is calculated, etc, is NOT considered "SOLVED" when your response does not apply to my complaint. It is unacceptable to provide a canned response, mark the issue "resolved", and not provide a way for me to respond to you. That is simply one-sided. And, as all the other web-based companies are doing, Upwork has replaced good old-fashioned customer service and "Contact Us" with self-help links which are nothing more than an insult to people who have a legitmite problem.

Hi Chris, you seem to have posted something perhaps you intended to go to support in the Community Forum. As a fellow member here, perhaps we can help you with your question regarding your JSS. Often the community can actually help you faster with our combined knowledge than CS. Would you like to post your query here so we can try and help you? 

data_divas
Community Member

Looks like you had 3 closed jobs with feedback in 2021. I believe you must have at least 4 in a certain window to have a JSS. Someone that knows exactly like Petra may be along to guide you. 

It seems to be just a matter of getting more contracts closed with feedback. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt, 

It looks like you were responding on your support ticket but posted in the Community. I checked your ticket and your contracts, and I can see that you took a break on Upwork after December of last year. As the agent has shared on the ticket, your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and it’s important to note that any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a more extended period. Because we look at trends over 24 months, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window (December 2021 to December 2019). 

Remember that even if you have no recent work completed, your score can change if good or poor outcomes fall out of your best score window. You have three ended contracts since December 2020, while some of your old contracts have slipped out of your calculation windows. 

If you have not completed a job for months, it might mean that there are not enough jobs in your 6-, 12-, or 24-month windows to calculate a 6-, 12-, 24-month score from.

The agent on the ticket has provided accurate information regarding your score. Kindly refer to the links he shared on the ticket thread for more information on how your score is calculated.

~ Avery
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You don't have enough contracts in a calculation window to have a JSS. End a few more, and it will reappear. Mid-contract feedback doesn't count, only end of contract feedback does. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members