cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork rating

belldan
Dan B Member Since: Nov 22, 2016
1 of 5

Two former employers have commented that they would rehire me. My profile indicates 0 would rehire. How can I get that changed to 2?

Thank you

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

It's a percentage, so it wouldn't be 2 unless it's 2 out of 100 and then it would be 2% or 20 out of 1000 ...I can keep going here but you know percentage math is hard...but those numbers are calculated randomly and batched so who knows when it will show

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi W. Dan,

I believe you are referring to the Recommended score in My Stats. It won't appear until you have a minimum of 5 ended contracts with 3 distinct clients. You need to complete a few more jobs with different clients in order for that percentage to appear. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
belldan
Dan B Member Since: Nov 22, 2016
4 of 5

Hi Valeria

Thanks for your response. Would it help if I asked my remaining employer to close her contract, even though she has promised additional work in the future?

I would like to get more work, but literally overnight my rating plunged from 90% rising star to 63%, Upwork has not provided a logical explanation.. The job posts that fit my qualifications prefer a 90% rising star.. I have sent 15-20 unsuccessful proposals Who wants to hire someone with a 63% rating? I know I am crying the blues, but I do feel like Yossarian.

Any helpoful thoughts?

Thanks Dan

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Dan,

It looks like you've had 4 distinct clients on Upwork including the client you currently have an active contract with. So once the client closes that contract, there won't be enough contracts for your Recommended score to be calculated still.

That said, if the client closes and gives you positive feedback on your current contract, it should benefit your Job Success score. If no work is expected for a while, it's better to have it closed. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS