🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork reapplication
Page options
tekkenfreya
Community Member

Upwork reapplication

Hello Upwork, I'm writing because its been years since my account was suspended due to lack of skills. I've sent numerous proposals and didn't get any job. But right now, I honed my video editing and motion graphics skills and would want to create another upwork account and take my chance to be successful in your platform. I hope you'll give me another chance to work with you. I really need a job right now to put food on the table for my family, especially now it's the pandemic.

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hello Paola,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so I could check and assist you further?

Thanks

Pradeep H

Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Paola, you have so many years of experience that you really don't need to start from the bottom. Value yourself. You certainly know what you're worth as long as you can place yourself in the value chain of your customers. 

You know your job, so there's no need for you to go lowballing over here. (I understood $3/h is the minimum you can set through the user interface of Upwork. I haven't tried myself so I don't know.) 

A lot of people try the same approach, you're not the only one. I totally sympathize. But that approach can only lead to the race to the bottom with ever-lowering fees.

Please don't aim at that future. Being the cheapest guy brings you nothing but the worst clients. That's not where you want to be, even if for starters. 

About your profile, you might want to address the following questions:

- Who are your clients? 

- What they gain from working with you? 

- Why working with you brings more value to the client than if working with everyone else on Upwork? (This is a hard one but also it is the key question you might want to put time into thinking through.) 

Change the first line of your profile from being pure meta-text (it only tells you what you'll read in the latter parts of the profile) to something that attracts the eye of your ideal customer. That's the first and the last thing the client sees unless they click on your profile.  

All the best, Paola. Good luck!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths