🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork refuses to give the reasons why my acc...
Page options
fgdh456
Community Member

Upwork refuses to give the reasons why my account is suspended

My account is permanently suspended and when emailed by upwork they refused to give the details and why it is suspended.  I had open contracts with my clients who are furious of this too.  Spoke to customer service but they are not given the powers to check and assist on the reasons of account suspensions.

Whatever the reason is, and whatever the violation is, I have a right to know.  The problem is they are refusing to let me know.

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Could you please send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address so that I can check your account and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
varungs
Community Member

I 100% believe that they should tell you, but there's an error in your wording -- you don't have the "right" to know. Upwork is a private company and they can suspend service to anyone whenever they want. They don't need to tell you anything at all. At most, they are to pay out your pending balance (and perhaps remove your data if you fall under the jurisdictions of the GDPR). That's about it.

Varun G wrote:

you don't have the "right" to know. Upwork is a private company and they can suspend service to anyone whenever they want. They don't need to tell you anything at all. 

Are you sure about this, Varun?

Rights are not defined in the ToS.

They are defined in precedents, Acts of Parliaments and other law books in various jurisdictions around the world; have you read all those?

Someone might be able to successfully contest that he indeed has the right to know why his account was suspended.

Abinadab A wrote:

Rights are not defined in the ToS.

They are defined in precedents, Acts of Parliaments and other law books in various jurisdictions around the world; have you read all those?

Someone might be able to successfully contest that he indeed has the right to know why his account was suspended.

😂

Man, you're in shape today ! Keep them coming...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members