🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork relentlessly changes features, but wha...
Page options
eeb179a1
Community Member

Upwork relentlessly changes features, but what for??!!

Hello, may I know if it's just me or Upwork keeps randomly changing its features and makes everything harder to use and less appealing? Since the search page has changed its look and layout, I received almost 0 job invites when I used to get at least 3 a day, and my profile moved from the top of the 1st page to the 3rd page of the search ranking. May I know what's with all the changes? It's not making our lives better but rather a downfall. 

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM
Community Member

Hi SokSambath,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback on the talent search feature. Please keep in mind that your profile may not always be placed on the first page as various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.

Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members