Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork removes links from PDFs?!!

Highlighted
Community Leader
Ivan B Member Since: Sep 7, 2013
1 of 29

Unbelievable... When you upload PDF files to Upwork they replace all links in PDF with "http://#".

Dear Upwork team! A person who made this decision is dangerous for others. He needs urgent hospitalization in a psychiatric hospital.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 29

oh crap... is this a new thing? My client today was all "I don't see the links" and I'm like "ummm they're there I see them" Went back and forth on this. Is Upwork stripping links from things posted in the workrooms?

My file was a Word doc.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 29

Hi Ivan and Jennifer,

I'm checking with our engineers as I was able to replicate the problem and it shouldn't be working like this by design. We'll have a ticket created for Ivan so we can further investigate the issue, and provide updates. I'll also update this thread once we know more.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 29

Sweeeeet. Thank you! 

Community Leader
Ivan B Member Since: Sep 7, 2013
5 of 29

Hi Valeria.

Thank you for assistance! I received a ticket confirmation message from Upwork Help Center.

IB

Michael G Member Since: Oct 9, 2017
6 of 29

Something similar just happened to me. I uploaded two edited Word files to Upwork messages, and somehow in the process all my tracked changes disappeared, leaving only the comments. In the end I had to send the files by Dropbox.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 29

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reporting this to us. I'm glad to hear you were able to find a workaround for this issue.

I have escalated your report to our team and one of our agents will reach out to you shortly via support ticket and keep you updated while they investigating this further. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
8 of 29

The same happened to me today - all my tracking was removed. There is clearly an issue.

(Please don't reach out to me - it doesn't help.)

ETA: Does this also affect files attached to proposals? If so, it will cause huge problems in terms of applying to editing projects (for example). 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 29

Hi All,

I've gotten an update from our engineers that they identified the root of the issue and are working to get it fixed within next few days. Meanwhile, please use alternative ways to share files with your clients.

Kim, this does affect attachments included in proposals as well as Messages.

We appreciate your patience as we are getting this fixed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
10 of 29

If this is going to take 'days' to fix, it might be wise to have an announcement somewhere.

Otherwise, there is going to be an avalanche of complaints and panicked messages. A huge proportion of people won't be able to work effectively via the site and accusations of skullduggery, 'you didn't do what I asked' and similar will abound. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS