🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork reversed PayPal scheduled payment
Page options
jenourno
Community Member

Upwork reversed PayPal scheduled payment

Hey all! I couldn't find anything similar in here to answer my question. Every week (for what seems like forever) I get my scheduled payment and it's within my PayPal account almost immediately. I even got the email from Upwork to say it had been put in there, as is usual for every week.

This time, however, it wasn't there! I waited 24 hours as is protocol and rang PayPal. They said they had no transaction history. I then went back through my transaction history and Upwork had reversed the payment (and withdrawal fee). 

Before I go ahead and request the money from Upwork, I was hoping to find a reason why this would occur. Any ideas? 

Cheers team! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jenna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jenna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ideal, thanks! I know I can manually request the payment again, but I just wanted to wait until I could find out why it did it so I can avoid it from happening again 🙂 

bevcam
Community Member

The same thing has happened to me. Yesterday PayPal told me there was no UW transfer and when I contacted UW they told me to wait. Today I received a mail from UW saying the transaction was reversed because of PayPal unscheduled maintenance. Apparently, the funds will be re-credited to my UW account within 24 hours. PayPal says they're unaware of any unscheduled maintenance on their side.

Suppose I'll have to wait and see...

tlsanders
Community Member

Bev C wrote:

The same thing has happened to me. Yesterday PayPal told me there was no UW transfer and when I contacted UW they told me to wait. Today I received a mail from UW saying the transaction was reversed because of PayPal unscheduled maintenance. Apparently, the funds will be re-credited to my UW account within 24 hours. PayPal says they're unaware of any unscheduled maintenance on their side.

Suppose I'll have to wait and see...

Every time there's a problem with paypal transactions, there are no answers and Upwork and PayPal point fingers at each other. But, the money typically turns up in fairly short order.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths