cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork’s New Pricing

Ace Contributor
Pierre L Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
921 of 924
To be fair, it's clueless buyers. And cheap ones. I also roll my eyes at those wanting an expert (often specifying years of experience) but specifying they are looking for the cheapest freelancer. What can UW do about this? I don't know since that's not my business. They need to educate buyers but the onus is of course on the buyer. And you have bad buyers too. I've had one recently that simply opened other accounts. I think they may have been banned because of not paying. And so the cycle continues.
Community Leader
Simon W Member Since: Mar 7, 2008
922 of 924

@Pierre L wrote:
To be fair, it's clueless buyers. And cheap ones. I also roll my eyes at those wanting an expert (often specifying years of experience) but specifying they are looking for the cheapest freelancer. What can UW do about this? I don't know since that's not my business. They need to educate buyers but the onus is of course on the buyer. And you have bad buyers too. I've had one recently that simply opened other accounts. I think they may have been banned because of not paying. And so the cycle continues.

If a buyers on a budget though you can want someone with experience so you know you are going to get what you ask for but also be extreamly price sensitive.

A couple of times I've considered posting a job for things in personal projects that I either don't really have the skills to do a good job on or just don't have time. So far I've ended up getting friends to do it in the end but if I did post it here I'm going to want to it done as cheaply as possible because it's a personal project that isn't going to make me any money so I'm not really going to throw hundreds of dollars out of my own pocket.

You obviously do get people who could pay more but just want to chance it and hope someone does it for peanuts but some people/companies just operate on tight margins and may need something but just can't pay higher rates at this time  

Ace Contributor
Alan T Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
923 of 924

UpWork SANCTION these idiots.

'GRAPHIC DESIGNER FOR CHEAT SHEET NEEDED! '

Microsoft Excel Cheat Sheet. Please recreate the attached file. Be creative and create a professional looking template that is 3000 DPI that will fit on a A4 page (portrait layout). Add "www.projectkt.com" as a watermark throughout the image. Please submit a draft of your design within 24 hour.

$15 budget

THEY COST YOU AND ME TIME AND MONEY

Janrick R Member Since: May 3, 2016
924 of 924

"cover the costs of small projects, which are more expensive for us to support. "

Hey Upwork,

Do you buy a dedicated server for each new project?

Why increase your fee to 20% when in fact 15% could have made more sense Smiley Wink

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS