Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork’s New Pricing

Highlighted
Community Leader
Nick B Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
11 of 924

Hilarious how the email title tries to present this as a good thing. 

It's absolutely outrageous. 

Highlighted
Micah H Member Since: May 3, 2016
12 of 924

lame right

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 924

re: "Hilarious how the email title tries to present this as a good thing."

For some of us, it is a good thing.

You may underestimate how many contractors work long-term contracts and will take home more money because of this.

Highlighted
Community Leader
14 of 924

Thanks for the side order of smug. I've had the odd big job myself but I wonder how many site jobs are over $10,000 and how many are under $500? It's a massive blow to most freelancers, as well you know. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 924

Hi N B,

That's a valid question. A growing number of freelancers earn $10,000 or more with a single client and represent a sizable portion of earnings on Upwork. Moreover, Upwork is investing heavily to attract more clients looking to connect with freelancers for these types of projects.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
16 of 924

Hi Valeria, 

I've actually managed one myself. But perhaps you can tell me the overall % of awarded jobs with a $10,000 + budget in the Writing and Translation area in the last 12 months? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
17 of 924

@N B wrote:

Hi Valeria, 

I've actually managed one myself. But perhaps you can tell me the overall % of awarded jobs with a $10,000 + budget in the Writing and Translation area in the last 12 months? 

Sorry NB, but that's not information we're prepared to share here.

Highlighted
Community Leader
18 of 924

So valid but not important? Just please be sure to alert me the next time a series of awarded $10,000 jobs come up in Writing and Translation. I imagine they will be displayed on the side of a flying pig. 

Highlighted
Izu M Member Since: May 4, 2016
19 of 924

Garnor, 
of course you are not prepared to share this information because it would just confirm what NB is trying to point out. I am sure you did your due dilligence and you figured out that way too many projects fall under $500 and by charging 20% you can fill up your pockets faster.
What exactly are your "higher costs to support" these small projects? Do you mean running the platform that takes too long to load, has some sort of glitch or maintenance shutdown every here and there or the "excellent" customer support team that can only copy and paste some general answers? Wow, truely worth it!

Pure greed, pure greed!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Liliana F Member Since: Apr 10, 2015
20 of 924

@Garnor M wrote:

@N B wrote:

Hi Valeria, 

Sorry NB, but that's not information we're prepared to share here.

I guess you should, a company, a serious one, never implements a policie, with out having studied their statistics, risks and consequences of the policie taken, they must know how many people will benefit from that and how many will avoid using the plataform, or even worse, how many will abandon it

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS