cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork’s New Service Fees - Rolled Out !!

abu7amzah
Mohammad A Member Since: Jun 10, 2016
31 of 326
When it comes to management, especially large corporations, yes coĺecting data and analysis help but it is not 1 + 1 =2 Anybody who knows project management knows that dealing with risk management by giving PROBABILITY, so there is uncertainty. Economists don't fully understand economy either, otherwise there will be no recision. It's not that simple! 1
abu7amzah
Mohammad A Member Since: Jun 10, 2016
32 of 326

And no body will just simply leave, they will try more other sites, try to do businesses with the client out of upwork, even considering that dismissing the whole online wokring concept ...but they will still use upwork, The next days will reveal the quality of freelancers that are still going to use upwork regulary, how would this affect the clients' reponses, and other negative affects. This all taking into account by the company, I know, but as I said when it comes to risk management, there is nothing certain and we just give probabilities based on data, analysis, consultations and other tools. Human can't control the inputs and outputs on this world as in a computer!

yellowbooks_uw
Penny H Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
33 of 326

Agreed. If a client wants a logo for their website and it costs $450, how many times does Upwork think that client is going to want it redone? Some jobs are under $500 and are once-offs. That's the way it is. How can Upwork say they lose money on small jobs? We have to wait for days after a client pays (what kinds of interest are they accumulating there) and take a cut.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
34 of 326

Hi Penny,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. As we have confirmed before, our bank accounts are non-interest bearing.

Untitled
bailwalyogesh
Yogesh B Member Since: Nov 20, 2014
35 of 326

You're right & I agreee with you, they're misusing this platform to exploit freelancers who are just starting and charge low fee for small projects from clients.

Regards,

Yogesh B.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
36 of 326

@Mario C wrote:

PLEASE NOT THAT DUE THE INCREASE IN UPWORK FEES, ALL FEES MOST BE PAID BY THE CLIENT.

I just put that note at the top of my profile.

Clearly your business acumen is as bad as your spelling.

qqsolutions
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
37 of 326

you can easily shift your fees to your client. Bid accordingly.,, who is asking you to bid on $3 per hour,, simply increase your rate now.

mario-chirinos
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
38 of 326

@Preston H your lack of empathy is disturbing 

alexsims1989
Alexander S Member Since: Nov 30, 2015
39 of 326

Well, I thought that as well, but it seems that all of my contracts over $10,000 won't be changed to the 5% fee. Another expert piece of subtle extortion by Upwork *claps*,

The new fee structure only applies to new job moving forward, thanks Upwork. You da best site in da whole world for fairness.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
40 of 326

@Alex S wrote:

Well, I thought that as well, but it seems that all of my contracts over $10,000 won't be changed to the 5% fee. Another expert piece of subtle extortion by Upwork *claps*,

The new fee structure only applies to new job moving forward, thanks Upwork. You da best site in da whole world for fairness.

The only reason it wouldn't take effect is if you work for enterprise clients. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS