cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork’s New Service Fees - Rolled Out !!

willjaparkcent
Guilherme Gabriel T Member Since: Jan 20, 2016
61 of 326

Hi Valeria, so we only need to click on feedback and it will appear a form? 

I am sure that most of Freelancers will provide negative feedback towards the new fees. 

It is super important for us that some how the executives that run UPWORK sees we are not happy with it and we are even considering working outside the platform, because we are losing so much money. 

Most of jobs as mentioned here before by others are under 500 dollars and from 500 we will get 400 actually less, because we have to transfer to our banks or use Paypal. 

Unfortunately there are many employees offering a low hourly rate. 

I think and I believe others here that UPWORK doesn't give a **bleep** about Freelancers but only itself that means only its profit and their best interests what is sick! 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
62 of 326

@Guilherme Gabriel T wrote:

Most of jobs as mentioned here before by others are under 500 dollars and from 500 we will get 400 actually less, because we have to transfer to our banks or use Paypal. 

I think it's interesting that so many people want to tell Upwork that the majority of jobs are this or that or that the majority of revenue comes from somethingorother. 

You know they're the ones who actually have that data, right?

stewartmegan
Megan S Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
63 of 326

I can't believe you haven't already figured it out but no one at UpWork cares about our feedback. We freelancers have been commenting and providing feedback for at least a month, since they announced the change was coming. They DO NOT CARE. They are making the price change, it is what it is. You either accept it or make plans to leave the platform like so many are already doing.  

laurencr
Lauren C Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
64 of 326

I JUST started a paid membership and there's definitely no way I feel comfortable with the new service fees. It was already tough trying to submit a proposal that wouldn't scare clients away while being able to be paid adequately.  Taking over $3 from me per hour is outrageous and really insulting. I can't believe they thought 20% on the first $500 was the way to go when so many are working with new clients or don't rely on building long-term relationships. Really disappointed by this. 

malcolmwheeler
Malcolm W Member Since: Aug 16, 2015
65 of 326

I have always wrapped all fees, including withdrawel charges, in to the price I bid. This change seems excesive yes, but at the end of the day, it just means that buyers will need to pay more. It might actually drive away some of the low ballers, which can only be a good thing.

outsourceupwork
Community Leader
Anil K Member Since: Dec 16, 2015
66 of 326

I have always wrapped all fees, including withdrawel charges, in to the price I bid. This change seems excesive yes, but at the end of the day, it just means that buyers will need to pay more. It might actually drive away some of the low ballers, which can only be a good thing.

What we should do about Fix price job ?

Uplift Upwork Visual Style : Add-on
Link Removed
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
67 of 326

@Rohan K wrote:

"I have always wrapped all fees, including withdrawel charges, in to the price I bid."

What we should do about Fix price job ?

The same, obviously...

outsourceupwork
Community Leader
Anil K Member Since: Dec 16, 2015
68 of 326

The same, obviously...

@Petra if client budget is only $500, earlier I had to pay 10% but now I have to pay 20%.

Client is not going to increase there fix budget job, its us who have to pay from our pocket.

I don't know if Upwork also planning to add 10% extra during job post.

Uplift Upwork Visual Style : Add-on
Link Removed
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
69 of 326

"Client is not going to increase there fix budget job, its us who have to pay from our pocket."

Yes they will. While most people here work on bidding down, I work on getting clients to come up in budget. The budget is never OK for me. It's always too low.

mzsonet
Ace Contributor
Mahfuz A S Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
70 of 326

Sad but true.. The New Fee is too much high for everyone. Smiley Sad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS