🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork's Recent Changes
Page options
rohan999
Community Member

Upwork's Recent Changes

It seems like maybe we won't be able to  work here anymore.   For the last  90 days I got 30 invitations where I used to have   100+.  Moreover no response after applying.    It's happening since the last month.  There are  some bugs no doubt. Whenever I reported they just advised me to look at my cover letter, look at the job description, or something else. Isn't it funny ??  Am I a beginner ?? I need to study again about how it works ?

They say keep applying. But how can we if you charge us for that ??????  

There was a time when we  used to say proudly that we work at the best  place. But maybe today Upwork is more concerned about making money. 

My request is if you are intend to remove a certain people or from a certain region then just  close our ID straight away. Don't   play with this Algorithm.

13 REPLIES 13
melaniekhenson
Community Member

I think it's because of clients being charged for more than 3 invites.

I know that. But  it still works in same way right ?  It works in a circle basis algorithm to make it fair for all freelancer. Then it's been cut off for month for my  Profile ? Though I am not the only victim.

Can you imagin I got only one invitation since 1st July ?  

Since there are millions of freelancers here, yes, it does make sense that it would take more than a month to rotate to the top of the list again. The new three invitation policy is undoubtedly having a bigger impact; I haven't had any invitations for over a month either.
dzadza
Community Member

Rohan S wrote:

I know that. But  it still works in same way right ?  It works in a circle basis algorithm to make it fair for all freelancer. Then it's been cut off for month for my  Profile ? Though I am not the only victim.

Can you imagin I got only one invitation since 1st July ?  

yes I can imagine - I had no invites - not a single one - for more than 6 months. so -  upwork shouldn't really be your main source of income

lindafoo
Community Member

I have had 0 Profile views, 0 invitations, and 0 responses to bids since the introduction of the new system — even though my status changed to Top rated during that time. And I’m feeling pretty peeved because this has NEVER happened before. Something is seriously wrong and I hope it gets fixed sooner rather than later!

That thing is a bug happened with almost everyone and we all are experiencing that bug everyday several times. Sometimes it shows the correct number and sometimes it shows 0 0 0 0.

and strange thing is nothing is being done about it..atleast there should be an update when this profile issue will be resolved..

yes something is seriously wrong here..

Rahul V wrote:

and strange thing is nothing is being done about it..atleast there should be an update when this profile issue will be resolved..

yes something is seriously wrong here..

And I seriously doubt that nothing is being done about it.  There could be lots of reasons why they have not rolled a fix.  The most obvious is ... they can't find the bug and thus have not fixed it yet.  From the outside it is not hard for me to see that the upwork website is a complicated system and it is also one that has existed for quite sometime.

It could also be that someone has decided not to push out a bug fix because it is a meaningless statistic and they will wait until their next release to push it out.

honeyv
Community Member

I thought it was just me (but it isn’t)

Everyone starts suffering now - clients, contractors , newbies, old ones. Projects , earnings, number of clients everything drops due to hardening of system. Let's see how it goes.
 But seriously it seems - A Wrong Turn!

rohan999
Community Member

Yes Sir, you are right. When a lot of people's primary income source is Upwork, Upwork shouldn not play like this. They were making money either way but making a questionable turn can ruin a lot of careers. If we don't have enough works we will loose rating. And once we  loose, we won't be able to hold it up. And when we will  not be able to hold it up we will collapse , and so will our careers.

Things REALLY got worse from 3-4 months ago. I'm not sure it's worth spending more money on connects and plus member stuff. It's like I went invisible for clients and I had a strong background, top rated status, etc.

Rohan S wrote:

Yes Sir, you are right. When a lot of people's primary income source is Upwork, Upwork shouldn not play like this. They were making money either way but making a questionable turn can ruin a lot of careers. If we don't have enough works we will loose rating. And once we  loose, we won't be able to hold it up. And when we will  not be able to hold it up we will collapse , and so will our careers.

If you're a freelancer, it's a mistake to rely on just one source of income. If you haven't tried to market your business properly, I'm sorry, but that's on you. Upwork is not your employer and therefore is not responsible for paying you regularly.

No one expects Upwork or any other sites to pay regularly. That's not the fact but when someone is working for many years in a Platform you can't say that he/she is not dependend. Whatever the income source you have, you depend on that.   Freelancing is a more  full time job then a full time job in real. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members