🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork's rules on teamwork/delegating micro t...
Page options
johnchristopher2
Community Member

Upwork's rules on teamwork/delegating micro tasks

Dear Community,

I'm trying to find documentation on Upwork's rules on teamwork/delegating micro tasks.

Let's say I have a contract and the delivarable is a 3 min advertisement.

What are the rules if I do this in-house, say I where to get to audio file from my sound engineer, I delegated repetitve tasks such as masking graphics to an employee and then put the delivarable together. What would I need to do in order to comply with Upwork's policies. I tried researching this topic but came up empty.

I value any valuable input.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Here are the rules that apply to your question:

- Nobody else is allowed to log into your Upwork account. For any reason. Ever.

- Nobody else is allowed to know your Upwork username and password. Ever.

- You are allowed to "sub-contract" work if you have a fixed-price contract, essentially without restrictions, as long as the client is informed about what you are doing.

- You are not allowed to "sub-contract" work if you have an hourly contract.

- Upwork clients can create teams which are allowed to work together through Upwork Messages. Teams can include Upwork freelancers, clients, delegates, and others.

- If you want to operate as an agency, you need to create an agency.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Here are the rules that apply to your question:

- Nobody else is allowed to log into your Upwork account. For any reason. Ever.

- Nobody else is allowed to know your Upwork username and password. Ever.

- You are allowed to "sub-contract" work if you have a fixed-price contract, essentially without restrictions, as long as the client is informed about what you are doing.

- You are not allowed to "sub-contract" work if you have an hourly contract.

- Upwork clients can create teams which are allowed to work together through Upwork Messages. Teams can include Upwork freelancers, clients, delegates, and others.

- If you want to operate as an agency, you need to create an agency.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John R.,

Please, note that freelancers and agencies can subcontract work on fixed-price contracts. If a contract is hourly, only the person hired on that contract can work on it and track time. For more information about that, please see section 2.1 of the User Agreement.

An agency is a business that sells the services of multiple freelancers on Upwork. We've created a guide to agencies to help you decide if an agency is right for you. You can also check out this help article to learn more about agencies. To create an agency account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you very much Bohan and @Preston H.

That clears it all up.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths