🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork service fee
Page options
sahilkmittal
Community Member

Upwork service fee

If a client has paid $250 already and the next payment is $450, 20% service fee will be applied to whole 450 or it will be divided into 2 parts?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sahil Kumar M wrote:
If a client has paid $250 already and the next payment is $450, 20% service fee will be applied to whole 450 or it will be divided into 2 parts?

In two parts. So in the end, you will have paid the 20% fee on the first 500, and 10% on the remaining $ 200

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Sahil Kumar M wrote:

In two parts. So in the end, you will have paid the 20% fee on the first 500, and 10% on the remaining $ 200

and if job is completed and contract is ended and client hires me again in future then the service fee will ne 20% or 10%?

Sahil Kumar M wrote:
and if job is completed and contract is ended and client hires me again in future then the service fee will ne 20% or 10%?

10%

Thank you for the help 

Sahil Kumar M wrote:

Once you've earned $500 from a client all further earnings from that client attract a 10% fee (unless you reach $10,000). It makes no difference how the earnings are divided between jobs. 

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths