Upwork service fee

Hi there! I would like to know why this time I was charged 13.66% on my earnings for the week with the same client. I know the rules of the Upwork service fee and with other past payments 10% was normally charged. This time I have earned $225 (-10% = $202.50). In my pending area I have $194.25. Has anything changed in the service fee?

 
11 REPLIES 11
dataextract
Member

You will be charged 20% till the total amount reaches $500 for a particular client.

Yes, it already does. I have been charged 10% for some time. I would like to know why this time the charge was 13.66%.


Simone B wrote:

Yes, it already does. I have been charged 10% for some time. I would like to know why this time the charge was 13.66%.


You wouldn't have been. Take a look at the breakdown of the charges when you go to Reports > Pending.

But why wasn't 20% or 10% charged? Can the proportional be charged? Because my total gain to the same client is $795.

Last week I earned $225. $795 - $255 = $570. So 10% should already be charged according to the service fee rules. 

 


Simone B wrote:

But why wasn't 20% or 10% charged? Can the proportional be charged? Because my total gain to the same client is $795.

Last week I earned $225. $795 - $255 = $570. So 10% should already be charged according to the service fee rules. 


I see, so you have a blended rate. 20% on $ 500, 10% on $ 295

What's in your "Pending" now is partly at 20% and partly at 10%

 

I believe that the blended rate was already paid last week ($570). This week should only be charged 10%. But ok, I'll make $225 again next week, I hope the service fee will be charged correctly. Otherwise I'll post a new issue on the forum. Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

 

Check here for that particular job. Is that service fee is $30.75?

Yes $30.75. 


Simone B wrote:


Simone B wrote:

I believe that the blended rate was already paid last week ($570). This week should only be charged 10%. But ok, I'll make $225 again next week, I hope the service fee will be charged correctly. Otherwise I'll post a new issue on the forum. Thank you.


What's "Pending" now was earned last week.

Yes, I earned $225 last week. Before that, it was charged over the $570 blended rate, 20% and 10%. 

Hi Simone,

 

I am sorry for the late response. I checked and can confirm that the service fee was applied correctly for the payments you are referring to. You can check the last two invoices (Service Fee Invoices under your Transaction History) you have with this client to find that you were charged a 10% sliding fee for earnings above 500$. Please let us know if you have any further questions or you need our assistance.

 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork