Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork should mend itself

Ace Contributor
Tabinda H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 9

Dear Upwork authorities,

One of my clients  Daniel from Serbia sent me a message regarding an article with relevant instructions; it has never reached me why is that so?

I was much better off with odesk. This upwork is going down and down . Is there any way via which odesk could remain odesk and elance could remain elance with no Upwork?

Regards

Tabinda Habib

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
2 of 9

Tabinda,

Do you have happen to have the Upwork App on your smartphone? If you don't I encourage you to install it because you will then receive the notifications from your clients almost on the spot.

Best regards,
Wassim

Ace Contributor
3 of 9

I don't have a smart phone because my money earned from my hospital job is utilized for other purposes and upwork is not giving me much work now.

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
4 of 9

I'm very sorry to hear about that Tabinda.

Many people (including me) are having a problem with email notifications. I know it's tough but best advice I can give you is to keep at eye on the "Messages" tab on Upwork.

I know this isn't the most elegant solution but it seems to be the only work-around in your case. Consider this as your email so keep looking there few times everyday until Upwork resolves the issue.

Ace Contributor
5 of 9

Well Wassim,

I have cultivated the habit to peep into the messages whenever I get a chance to do so

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
6 of 9

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
BEST ANSWER
7 of 9

@Tabinda H wrote:

Dear Upwork authorities,

One of my clients  Daniel from Serbia sent me a message regarding an article with relevant instructions; it has never reached me why is that so?

I was much better off with odesk. This upwork is going down and down . Is there any way via which odesk could remain odesk and elance could remain elance with no Upwork?

Regards

Tabinda Habib

Tabinda,

The message system has been experiencing problems for many weeks now and more seriousl ones just lately. This is why the message did not get through to you. They say they are working on it.

Yes, we were better off with Odesk, but let's not forget it had problems as well...just not as many and not as often.

There is no way to go back to Odesk or Elance as much as many of us wish it could happen. They've spent millions and millions of dollars on this new site and we are stuck with it and somehow have to work around the issues.

For messaging you may want to try using the old system when you check in every few hours. It's located here:

https://www.upwork.com/message-center/

I hope this helps you. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 9

Hi All,

Note that a few comments have been removed from this thread. I would like to ask you to please keep the conversation professional and avoid going off topic.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Luke V Member Since: Aug 16, 2015
9 of 9

I agree..... Upwork is a diaster!! The oDesk interface was easy to use but now you spend way to much time looking for things. And all th eicons are ridiculous!

This is what happens when techies don't talk to users!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS