Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork should remove JSS from preferred qualifications

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 20

@vishal d wrote:
I just want upwork to not show the freelancers with lower JSS than preferred as “Not meeting your criteria”

But... if a client sets that preference then freelancers who don't meet that preference ... don't meet that preference....

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
12 of 20

But Upwork shouldn't allow clients to choose not to work with OP. That's not fair. OP wants work, there should be no barriers to him getting what he wants. 

petra_r
Community Guru
13 of 20

@Tonya P wrote:

But Upwork shouldn't allow clients to choose not to work with OP. That's not fair. OP wants work, there should be no barriers to him getting what he wants. 

Tonya, there is now coffee on my keyboard...

vdharankar
Ace Contributor
vishal d Member Since: Apr 20, 2016
14 of 20
Well I smell the sarcasm , but you don’t get the point , it’s not just about the job , I have repeat clients , I do get work , but how about someone who doesn’t ? Also I just wanted to highlight few points such as what clients think JSS is , actually It’s not . I know many fellow freelancers who are currently having these issues .
petra_r
Community Guru
15 of 20

@vishal d wrote:
Well I smell the sarcasm , but you don’t get the point , it’s not just about the job , I have repeat clients , I do get work , but how about someone who doesn’t ? Also I just wanted to highlight few points such as what clients think JSS is , actually It’s not . I know many fellow freelancers who are currently having these issues .

Yes, so maybe we should have a system wheere clients no longer see anything, no feedback, no skills, no overview, no proposals, no profiles, no job history and just draw their freelancers lottery-style.

That'll create a nice even playing field, won't it?

vdharankar
Ace Contributor
16 of 20
I understand some people just like to troll others 🙂 enjoy .
vdharankar
Ace Contributor
17 of 20
I wish you would read and understand my original post , I think you never worked on upwork before JSS . No don’t worry not going to reply to your any of the reply after this .
petra_r
Community Guru
18 of 20

@vishal d wrote:
I wish you would read and understand my original post , I think you never worked on upwork before JSS . No don’t worry not going to reply to your any of the reply after this .

I did read your original post, and I did understand it, and I did work on Upwork long before JSS appeared. I am not trolling, I am trying to explain to you why your argumentation is flawed, using humour.

craiggabriel
Community Leader
Craig G Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
19 of 20

None of the responses you've received constitute trolling, and none manifest a failure to read or understand your initial post.

The point you made is a weak one, and it has been explained to you why it is weak.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't have raised the topic or shouldn't have expressed your opinion on it. It doesn't mean you're being disrespected.

You're not being trolled; you're being disagreed with.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
20 of 20

@vishal d wrote:
I repeat I am not against JSS I just want upwork to not show the freelancers with lower JSS than preferred as “Not meeting your criteria” I have already stated in earlier messages it’s reason

Vishal, I had a look at your profile and I can see that you have issues with making clients perfectly happy. In the light of this, I can understand why you don't like it that the clients are allowed to filter out by JSS.

That being said, even if this selector wasn't available, your JSS (which is not bad at all: 89%) could still be a discriminating factor for some of them.

What you should do, if I may suggest, is to work towards performing even better and making ll your clients totally happy. Try to pinpoint what it is that you could do better and what it was that made clients giving you less than perfect feedback. If you manage to do this, and I'm sure you can, JSS won't be a problem anymore.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS