Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork switches from freelancer to client profile

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Marissa A Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
1 of 14

Even though I choose my freelancer profile on the top right corner of the screen, when I try to apply for a job I get the message saying that I can't because this page is only for freelancers and I can see that the top righ corner now shows my client profile. It keeps doing this every time and I'm unable to apply to jobs.

Highlighted
Ryan J Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
2 of 14

Hey Marissa,

I had/have the same problem, and have been back and forth with support several times without them being able to fix the issue. I missed out on serval bids, and made some ongoing clients upset because I couldn't access ongoing jobs. Class act, Upwork.

I found a workaround though. If you have an email notification from a message thread, you can "view the conversation" to get back to your messages. From there, find a specific contract with a client and click on "view contract". That should log you back in to your freelancer profile.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 14

I have been having problems since last week with mine. I posted on Saturday with no reply from anyone about I was getting an error message that I didn't have permission to access reports.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/You-do-not-have-access-to-this-report/m-p/118935

My profile keeps flipping over to my client account. It is really quite annoying.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 14

Try this (you need chrome)

Open an incognito mode browser instance and log in to upwork from the freelancer login screen. Make sure you are in your freelancer profile when you go to the job feed and then try to apply.

Highlighted
James G Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
5 of 14

I have both a freelancer account and a company/client account.  When I am browsing jobs I often click the "heart" button to save them.  Sometimes when I return to Saved Jobs, the profile switcher at the top right has switched itself to the client account.  (I know, because they have different avatar images.)

If I don't catch this, I'll enter a job and find the propose button is missing...

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 14

Hi All,

Sorry about the issues you are having navigating your accounts. Is it persistent in different browsers?

I have forwarded your reports to the engineers and they are currently investigating.

Thank you for your reports.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 14

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

Sorry about the issues you are having navigating your accounts. Is it persistent in different browsers?

yes it is,and super irritating!

What is even more irritating is the tracker crashing 3 times in just over a week, or, even MORE scary as completely random, a single screenshot in my work diary changing from properly tracked time to manual time while I am away from the computer walking the dog.... I was looking at 3 screenshots when I left. When I got back there were 2 screenshots and 10 minutes manual time which I will have to remove. So between the time I won't be paid for because the tracker crashed, and that strange issue, I have lost the value of a nice dinner for two in a nice restaurant. Thanks Upwork....

Highlighted
Jason I Member Since: Dec 15, 2015
8 of 14

Has this issue been fixed?  How do I switch between client and freelancer accounts (or setting)? 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 14

Hi Jason,

I have checked your account and it looks like it only has a client profile. If you would like to add freelancer profile to it, please follow these steps:

- Click on the round picture in the upper-right corner.

- At the bottom of My Info page click "Create a new account" and select "+New Freelancer Profile"

- Then you should be able to switch between them by clicking on the round icon in the upper-right corner.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Pavel T Member Since: Sep 4, 2015
10 of 14

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jason,

I have checked your account and it looks like it only has a client profile. If you would like to add freelancer profile to it, please follow these steps:

- Click on the round picture in the upper-right corner.

- At the bottom of My Info page click "Create a new account" and select "+New Freelancer Profile"

- Then you should be able to switch between them by clicking on the round icon in the upper-right corner.

Hi Valeria,

Can I add a "client" account to my freelancer profile ? is it possible ?

Regards,

Pavel

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS