Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork technical oddities

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
1 of 100

I'll use this topic to post actual oddities I find on website. I hope you'll fix these or explain.

First, how can one be in US, city Dubai? See attached.

Second, from time to time I can't download some files. Support is not of help because by the time I get response and solution either client already responded, he hired someone, or became irrelevant in other way.

"It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support."

Please, stop preventing us from downloading files. Everyone should have a protection on their computer. And be aware of not downloading files with weird extensions.

Third, mobile app is a mess. Navigating for messages in mobile app is a living hell. Are you aware of that?

Rate tips are completely useless. It jumps from $55 to $35 and back. Without me being aware of criteria. I can't have for various clients different price. It's silly. You don't sell chocolate in store to people at different price according to their appereance. "Oh, this one has a nice haircut, I'll price him just $5. This one is ugly, he'll pay $15."

2 of 100

Thanks for your feedback, Vesna.

- The client may have edited their location information but is either in process of verifying their country or haven't requested to change it. We are testing various ways to use auto-fill for addresses, however, aren't yet ready to introduce it platform-wide.

- Currently potentially dangerous files are blocked for security reasons. Some file formats would also be blocked if they can't be scanned for various reasons. Our engineers are working to make this process more clear for both the client who uploads the file and the freelancer who tries to download it.

- Mobile App doesn't have some of the features available on the full browser version and there are a couple of issues the team is aware of. Could you please share any particular issues with navigating Messages that you are referring to?

- Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Rate Tip feature. I'll forward it to the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
3 of 100

New ones

#1 I can't accept nor decline invite (job closed before I saw invite), for past nine days. It counts in my stats as invite to which I didn't reply.

#2 I can't copy messages while scrolling down with my mice.

#3 On Mac almost each time I turn it on (every few weeks), Upwork team app is gone from taskbar (although I stick it to it) and I have to reinstall it again.

#4 Notification for discount on a contract with someone from 20% to 10% reappers for several times.

"Could you please share any particular issues with navigating Messages that you are referring to?

I'll post screenshots next time. Clicking each time "continue on web", instead of "upwork android" is annoying. 

4 of 100

Recruiters not reading profile carefully and sending irrelevant job invites. Just because I do presentations (format, layout, design) doesn't mean I'm a presenter (person who does the talking in front of attendees). 

5 of 100

Hi Vesna, 

I'm sorry about the mismatched invite, could you please pm me the invite details so we can reach out to the team and the agent in question?

Community Guru
6 of 100

Hi Vladimir, I sent it.

Today:

#1 Clicking on proposal from mobile site within messages doesn't lead to specific proposal details but instead to all proposals list.

#2 What skills do I rate when I give rating to my client? Skills for assembling materials? Skills in his work field? I'm totally baffled.

#3 I can't cut and delete parts od text in mobile site. I can do this on other internet places.

7 of 100

Thanks, Vesna. I'm checking with our mobile developers if those issues are known. As for the feedback category for skills, we have shared this question with the team and while there are no immediate plans to change it, it will be reviewed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
8 of 100

And this happens more and more frequently - the wrong invitations from requiters.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 100

Hi Tamaz, 

If you were invited to any job that is unrelated to your profile, please share with us the details of the job via a private message so that we can send this to the team for their review. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
10 of 100

Thank you.

I'll keep update this topic with small glitches/oddities when I notice, if that's ok with you and your team.