cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork technical oddities

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 100

That's alright. We appreciate it, Vesna. 

One little question, when you use Upwork on mobile, which OS and browser do you use?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
12 of 100

It's Fire OS 5, Silk browser.

13 of 100

I chatted with support today. We finished and I received email that asks for feedback. I've noticed inside chat transcription on left upper corner my little square picture was not the one I have for Upwork but the one I have for Facebook, and I don't remember I gave consent for using my Facebook account details when I go through any of Upwork web places. It's so odd.

14 of 100

Hi Vesna,

Is it possible you used that photo on your profile before you uploaded the current one? I would presume this was the initial photo you used on your profile, which was saved in Zendesk and continued being displayed even after you updated your Upwork account.

I'll check with the team to confirm.

Community Guru
15 of 100

Photo I have here, in community and in Upwork, is a photo I have since I've begun working on Upwork. I didn't change it. Plus, I look very unrepresentative on my Facebook photo.

16 of 100

Same as with Upwork, on Gmail I have one photography that doesn't change.

17 of 100

I agree with OP, the Upwork app needs some refining.

Messaging via the mobile app is slow to respond/alert me, but sometimes I will recieve a notification right away. Almost always I will get a notitfication ping to my phone's app right away when I am either on the UpWork Website or on the desktop app already. However if I am not logged into UpWork through any other means, my phone app will take up to an hour to alert me of a new message or invite. And waiting for an email to alert me of a message takes several hours.

There is no way to set availability in the app,

There is no way to accept of decline invitations in the app. If you click accept or decline you are redirected to the mobile version of the website, which isn't very responsive on a mobile device.

The invitations I do get are often incomplete synopses of the jobs, when I look at the job on the website, there is almost always a "more" button to see the rest of the posting. The mobile app rarely has all of the information I need to see if I am interested in a job or not.

It would also be nice to be able to see the iviting clients' profile within the app, at least a small blurb about them, how long have they been a client, what is their rating etc. Again without having to click out to the website which isn't very mobile responsive. I don't like to do all my communications on the phone but sometimes we all have to and this app is fairly rudimentary.

Community Guru
18 of 100

#1 When I search for jobs by typing key words in search bar from find job page, I get unchronologically listed jobs, although they are supposed to be chronologically showed. See attached.

#2 I tried to fix my issue with photo on support / tickets page by reuploading same photo on Upwork. Now my photo on Upwork when I go through messages and when I look at my profile from find page are oddly cropped. Just my head. When I search myself among freelancers my photo is fine and as it should be.

#3 Did I mention something happened to notifications? I click that little yellow dot, it tries to load most recent notifications, it fails, and I see only "see all notifications" message. When I click on that it shows in bold newest notifications. After that yellow dot keeps signaling there are new notifications, while those are the same old notifications.

19 of 100

Hi Vesna,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, I'll forward these issues to our respective teams and you'll receive an update soon.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
20 of 100

Hi Vesna,

As a follow-up regarding your first point, our team confirmed jobs tagged as Interesting are not affected when the newest filter is used and will be displayed at the top of the list. 

As for the notification indicator issue you described, I wasn't able to replicate it when using your account. Could you please take a screenshot and create a ticket if you experience the issue again?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS