cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork technical oddities

Alex M Member Since: Nov 19, 2017
61 of 100

Hello,

Cannot contact the support. Firstly I click "Get Help" then I select topic and is supposed to write details and press "Next". But when I press "Next" the window disappears and nothing else happens. 

Tried to write form different browsers and behaviour is the same.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
62 of 100

Hi Alex,

One of our team members will contact you via ticket and they will also assist you in solving this issue.

Untitled
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
63 of 100

I'm filtering out lots of jobs because I, as a self assesed "expert category", can't apply (won't) for intermediate category (because my application will be put under "proposals not matching your qualifications") and I see jobs in recommended tab like this:

expert - willing to pay higher rates - $40 ; 

entry - lowest rates - $300

It's a mess. Why don't you split those two since clients have significantly different opinions on what's higher rate and what's lower rate? It would mean so much if you had only one variable - a budget. Nice, precise, for hourly and fixed jobs. Range in numbers client is willing to pay.

64 of 100

Hi Vesna,

I can confirm that bidding on a job that requires a different experience level that the one you have won't automatically tag a proposal as not meeting the client's qualifications. I asked our team to follow up on your ticket but can confirm here the information you received there is incorrect, since there's a multitude of information the algorithm is taking into account when analyzing proposals.

Community Guru
65 of 100

Thanks, though I decided I'll keep applying for the next month only for jobs in "my category" to see where it'll take me. I'm sorry for being such a pain in the *bleep* but I would really like to know why was she moved under "not meeting qualifications".

66 of 100

@Vesna M wrote:

I'm filtering out lots of jobs because I, as a self assesed "expert category", can't apply (won't) for intermediate category (because my application will be put under "proposals not matching your qualifications") 

That is abject nonsense. I apply (and win) contracts by essentially ignoring both the stated budget (always) and the category (apart from when it is obviously a cheap client.....

Community Guru
67 of 100

This is the second time client says she doesn't see attachment after I submit my file on fixed paid job.

Do you have some glitches with attachments?

68 of 100

If I want to copy paste messages to Word for example, I can't scroll through in my message room.

Is this a glitch or is it by design?

Notification pop up in Chrome about invitation comes after I respond to invitation.

69 of 100

Hi Vesna,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies, use a different browser and pm me the message room link in case you're still not able to navigate to previous messages?

Community Guru
70 of 100

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

I can access all messages, I can't select them all at once with use of scroll. It's enabled only for visible part and then it stops at the end of the window. 

It's not like when you are on the website and want to select and copy content, and you can scroll down and select follows your scroll.

It's across all message rooms, and it happens on MS Edge, too.