cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork - the creator and the destroyer

Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
1 of 6

I received an awesome job invite from what I believe is one of Upwork's Enterprise clients. Everything was going smoothly, the interview was good (yesterday) and the person told me there would be another interview today (which was yesterday) or tomorrow (which happens to be today)!!

And then today, when I had took my dinner break and came back after 30 mins....I saw there was a torrent of missed Skype calls and a message from another person. He said that the person I spoke with yesterday had sent me a message about today's scheduled call. Nothing in the Message center or the Upwork app on my phone Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

But I never received any message!! Now it looks as if I am making up an excuse for my failure to answer his calls.

Upwork.... please, please remedy the Message center/ App!!

Community Guru
Hanna N Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
2 of 6

Aww Nikhil that sucks some major hamsterwheels. Smiley Sad I hope you get things sorted with this client!

Community Guru
3 of 6

Thanks Hanna Smiley Happy 

I really pray that things work out..My Supervisor on the existing job has been dropping hints for the last month or so that the company is not doing that well and may be disbanded very soon.

I have sent the interviewer a message over Skype two hours ago....still waiting for him to reply, fingers crossed!!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Nikhil,

I am sorry there was confusion about when the interview was supposed to be. I have checked the messages on your client's end and they look exactly like on your end. Are you sure the message about the second interview was sent to you through Upwork Messages and not through other means?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Nadav I Member Since: Apr 10, 2015
5 of 6

The messaging system is totally messed up. The main issue I'm having is that the system keeps getting confused between my freelancer inbox, my client inbox, and in some cases even a mysterious 3rd inbox, which gets created if I click the link on the email notification.

With some people I communicate with, I've got like 4 or 5 threads *with the same person*, that I need to check to ensure messages were not missed.

2-3 in the freelancer account, (as 'interview', as 'room', and as 'person'), another on my client account, who knows how it got there, and another random 3rd inbox that could only be reached if clicked on the email notification.

I keep clicking “hide” on older messages in attempts to organize the inbox, but they pop right back anyway. Or if hidden on freelancer inbox, might pop up on client’s inbox.

Also, after sending a message to someone, and going back to the Job Feed, it would show “Messages - 1” on the top bar, as if I already got a reply… but of course, when you go back to the inbox you’d see that the “1 new message” is the one you’ve just sent yourself…

Community Guru
6 of 6

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for proactively looking into this Smiley Happy 

The person (Interviewerer no.2) who sent me the Skype message told me that " we had a call scheduled by ABC for today at this time ", but I was only being evaluated/ monitored and not told if I had progressed to the second round, and hence nothing about the next scheduled call.

I clearly recollect that the my first interviewer told me that, "if you are to join the company, there will be another round of interview with my boss.. today or tomorrow. " That was on the 06th. (Eidetic memory does help Smiley Happy)

I am keeping my fingers crossed and looking ahead to the possibility of a second chance today.

Cheers Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS