🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork time tracker is not recording actual s...
Page options
eddy-patrik
Community Member

Upwork time tracker is not recording actual screen in MAC OS Catalina 10.15.3

I'm struggling with upwork time tracker app since I have installed MAC OS 10.15.3. I have raised my query in upwork customer support but they are failed to provide me solution.

they gave me this solution

1. Uninstall the application
2. Open the terminal app​​
3. Run this command

tccutil reset All

4. Then run this command 

mv ~/Library/Application\ Support/Upwork{,.bak}

I have tried the above solution but nothing works out, it still captures a blank screenshot. they upwork customer support ask me to send a screen recording. I was using screenOmatic app to record screen but they have no idea when I run this command  

tccutil reset All

it disables the screenomatic recording too. As that command removes all screen recording permission to all apps.

Moreover, they put tickets as SOLVED every time and I don't have the option to write them back. So I came here and writing what I'm facing for 3 weeks with no solution at all.

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

prateek s wrote:

I'm struggling with upwork time tracker app since I have installed MAC OS 10.15.3.

I would suggest you try what worked for me, but you may want to update to MAC OS 10.15.4 first. Delete / uninstall the Upwork App and run the reset all command in the terminal app, then download this older beta version.

That worked for me, even when the app updated to a new version.

there is no MAC OS 10.15.4

prateek s wrote:

there is no MAC OS 10.15.4

15.4.png

Sorry, It appears to me yesterday for a new Update. It might be a country to country. I have updated mac to 10.15.4 and will download this older beta version, Hope it works. Thanks a lot 

Hi Prateek, 

I would like to clarify that even if a ticket is marked closed, the ticket will be re-opened once you submit a new reply on the same ticket thread. Kindly share this information on the same ticket thread so that you can be assisted further. 

On my end, I will follow up with the team so that they can back to you soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork

this solutions doesn't worked for me

Hi Prateek, 

I can see you updated your support ticket. I will go ahead and follow up with the team so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prateek, 

Since you already have an open ticket regarding your concern, it would be best to update the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

They have closed the ticket marking it as solved. I have no way to reply in that ticket now. I was in touch with them since 3 weeks but they come up with no solution

Here is a pretty long thread of people with similar issues. I had the same issue and it was resolved thanks to one of the posts, not sure which one, just find one with a bunch of kudos.

This has to do with the new Mac permissions system (which require you to explicitly allow screen recording access to apps individually). 

Varun,

If you see my post I have followed the solution posted here and permission was given, even after giving the permission screenshots are stil blank

6d3319ea
Community Member

Has this issue been resolved? I have a freelancer encourting a similar issue.

Thank you,

Reese

Hi Reese,

Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer so that they can share more details and we will be happy to help? Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members