🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork time tracker issue
Page options
aleksandar_tomov
Community Member

Upwork time tracker issue

Hello!

I just updated my Upwork Time Tracker, and it doesn't show my active contract so i can track time. It is frozen at a random capture and shows total of 0 (zero) hours worked. Nothing can be changed. (I tried reinstalling the app, tried with both 32 & 64-bit and when i log back in, i still get the same frozen app).

Please see also a screenshot attached of how does it look.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Upwork Time Tracker.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
riagv
Community Member

Hi,
I am also experiencing the same problem with my desktop time tracker app. There's also an error message appearing after I login with my email address and password on the app. Please see attached photo for reference. Grateful for any assistance on this matter as I've temporarily asked my client to put me on manual time since yesterday when I first experienced this problem. Thank you!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Voctoria,

I would recommend reinstalling the desktop app or clearing the app cache by clicking on the Settings Cog > Click on Advanced > Then scroll down and click Clear Cache and Restart. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran. Clearing the app cache worked. The app is now able to track time and to record screen shots. However, when it takes screen shots of my monitor, it doesn't show a preview of the screen it just captured just like in the previous versions. Am I missing something? In the settings perhaps? Appreciate your help again on this! Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ma Victoria,

Could you, please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
riagv
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
The desktop app is working fine now. Thank you for your help!

chasabado
Community Member

Having some issues with my time tracker.
Current time and today's does not coincide.
Been working straight and no idle time while working.
Also, the moment I start my time tracker, the today's time will display 0:40 already.
Hope you could enlighten me.
Thanks for your help!

The Time Tracker is set to UTC.  Could that be the issue?

Hi Charisse,

Could you please set your timezone to "local" so that it displays time in your location. On your Upwork Time Tracker, please click your name and go to Settings>Timezones. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jbatisla-ong
Community Member

Same thing with mine today. I don't know what's wrong. But some of my friends telling me that their tracker is working fine.

Hi Jean,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article?  If the issue persists, please report it following the ’’How do I report a problem?’’ section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members