🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork time tracker login doesn't work
Page options
synergy321
Community Member

Upwork time tracker login doesn't work

I have Google login for my Upwork account and when I try to login to the tracker it just spins the "one moment please" forever. No errors are shown, it doesn't even timeout it can just spin forever.

Any suggestions on how to debug the Upwork tracker?

13 REPLIES 13
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Casey,

Could you please access your account through a browser, and go to your Connected Services page on your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services), and disconnect your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your Desktop App with your Upwork credentials. Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I think the multiple attempts by Upwork tracker to login with Google Signon led to a security flag. Now I can't login even to Upwork through the browser. I've logged into my account in Google, and under security I've revoked the Upwork access, hopefully that will lead to Upwork allowing me to login to the site with a regular username and password.

I think I'm totally locked out of my Upwork account now because the tracker login issue broke the connection with Google Signon, then I've removed authorization from Google Signon, and even though I'm logged into my Upwork account I can't get to my settings without reauthorizing so I can't remove Google Signon and revert to using username/password.

What's the process for regaining access to an Upwork account once you're locked out completely?

I've opened a support ticket as well, if anybody can remove the Google SSO from my account so I can login with username/password that would be great. Until then I'm locked out, though I can still see my account and I'm logged in here for now as well just because of the cookies from last login, but I can't get past the Settings authorization to be able to turn off Google SSO. 

Well I got a reply on the support ticket where I asked to have Google SSO removed because I can't login currently or get past the settings page authorization. So the agent replied that I should login and go to settings and remove SSO. Sigh. Always nice when you're locked out an account to be told to login back in to change the settings that are causing the lockout. Very helpful!

According to the support agent Upwork already knows that Google SSO is broken for the Upwork Tracker and trying to use it may cause lockout. Hopefully this helps if anybody else gets locked out of their accounts for same reason... if you have downloaded the tracker and tried to use Google SSO, try to get into your Upwork account and shut off Google SSO before you become totally locked out. Because if you get locked out the support team just tells you to login back in so you'll be in a bit of a endless loop trying to recover access.

Hi Casey,

I did check all the correspondence on the ticket and already updated the team handling your case with more information that you provided here in the Community. One of our agents will follow up with you via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The issue with the login was eventually resolved. However as a result of the Google SSO bug in the Upwork time tracker and the resulting blockage, along the way every single bid I placed that was active including jobs I was likely win after discussion with potential clients, were all automatically withdrawn by the Upwork site. I've seen this happen before. I had my account blocked temporarily over a minor issue, once it was resolved, all bids were lost, trashed by the site. 

This is what it looks like just in case other freelancers face the same thing unfortunately you have to be careful when you bid on Upwork because sometimes technical issues will mean all your work and all the money you spent on connects will be suddenly lost. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks. 

27577e96
Community Member

I have Google login for my Upwork account and when I try to login to the tracker it just spins the "one moment please" forever. No errors are shown, it doesn't even timeout 

What to do ?

Hi Gargi,

Could you please access your account through a browser, and go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging in to your Desktop App with your Upwork credentials. Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank You.. It worked

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths