🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork timer starting on its own?
Page options
chris_bannu
Community Member

Upwork timer starting on its own?

Hey guys,

I might be crazy, but I think the Upwork timer just started on its own. I turned it off, went down stairs to eat, and when I came back it was on and logging time. I remember turning it off, but I might be wrong. Anyway, if anyone else experienced this, I think it's a bug.

Cheers,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7
louisaj
Community Member

Do you have a cat? Smiley Wink

dcomwriter
Community Member

Is this still happening to you? I am experiencing the same thing. The timer keeps on going and generating screen captures after I have turned it off. Right now, I am closing out of the app to stop this and have to adjust my work diary accordingly.

I am using the latest version of the Firefox browser, if that has any bearing on this issue.

--Alison

Alison D wrote:

Is this still happening to you? I am experiencing the same thing. The timer keeps on going and generating screen captures after I have turned it off. Right now, I am closing out of the app to stop this and have to adjust my work diary accordingly.

I am using the latest version of the Firefox browser, if that has any bearing on this issue.

--Alison

When I had a slower PC, I would click the on/off toggle and it would appear to freeze, so I would sometimes click it again. It seems that the tracker will still register two clicks, so I would turn the tracker off it was already off or on again if it was already on.

Thanks, Jennifer, for the response. I do have an older PC, but after I turn it off and see it turn off--and, yes, it does not happen instantaneously--I later hear the click of a screen capture. Sure enough, it has turned itself back on. Then the only way to stop it is to close out of the app completely. This doesn't happen to anyone else?

On second thought...you may be onto something about an old, slow PC. I may be an impatient double clicker!  It just worked correctly a moment ago. Fingers crossed. Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alison,

Could you please check the settings on your Upwork Desktop App to see if Automatic Launch is set in your app?

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.54.30 AM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, Avery.

Thanks for the info. and the image. The "auto launch" was checked, although the app does not open automatically when I start my PC. So, now I've unchecked it.

We'll see how the tracker works today.

Thanks.

8aec90da
Community Member

bit of a necro reply, but this was the first link in google, so others might be finding this too.

I just wanted to say that I also experienced this today and it seemed to start when my computer woke up this morning. I turned off the automatic launch and will keep a close eye out to see if this happens again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths