🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Upwork tracker connection lost message
Page options
aileen_delacruz
Community Member

Upwork tracker connection lost message

Hi,

My upwork timer was working when I started working at 1am started getting the "Connection lost" on my upwork timer since 3am est 6/4/2019. i don't see any scheduled maintenance today. i'm afraid my tracker is not being saved. i've restarted and shutdown my computer. internet is working.

I've also tried to send get support through the tracker but it says "unable to complete request.

Pls advise.

Thanks,
Aileen Dela Cruz

12 REPLIES 12
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aileen,

Please don't restart the app as it is possible for the cached time to be lost, restarting the computer will not affect your cached time.

After some time when the app is reconnected to the Internet your time will be uploaded to the Work Diary as well. If your time is not uploaded to the Work Diary after a couple of hours please try to connect on another Internet connection and submit a support ticket from the App. 
Doing this will also include the logs from your end and our team will be able to investigate it and assist you further. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for replying back. I've tried a different internet connection but still it says connection lost. i can't create a ticket from the app because it will not connect.

Btw, will deleting the cookies delete my cached time?

Pls let me know what else I can do.

Thanks

Aileen Joy D wrote:

Thanks for replying back. I've tried a different internet connection but still it says connection lost. i can't create a ticket from the app because it will not connect.

Btw, will deleting the cookies delete my cached time?

Pls let me know what else I can do.

The tracker can hold up to 12 hours of cache, so don't worry too much.

On your computer, check that you don't have any security software (such as a firewall) blocking the tracker. You may want to turn the firewall(s) off for 5 minutes to see if that is the issue.

Clearing your cache or deleting cookies is hardly ever necessary and certainly will not do any good in this case.

Have you gone through these troubleshooting steps?

Hi guys,

I am experiencing this same issue since 3 days ago and it does not stop, my internet connection is very good and this same message pops up every 10 minutes. I am not concerned about my time not being saved but this is an issue I did not have in the past and I wonder why it might be?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liliana,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

The Time Tracker is not working for me as it says "Tracking with no connections". However  my internet connection is working very well.

Note : I restarted my App, I also restarted my PC with no success.

Regards.

Hi Sultan,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article, and if the issue persists, please report it following the steps under How do I report a problem?.

~ Joanne
Upwork
vieniav
Community Member

Hi Upwork, 

Is there a way for me to disable this message? I have a connection that is not very stable and every time it disconnects, it tries to connect and then disconnects again. This resulting in the message "Connection is lost, we are still tracking time" flasing on a corner of the screen. It's distracting since I already know that the connection is lost and that the app is still tracking time. Can there be a button to let me disable the message for 30 minutes or until I turn it on again?

n_zuieva
Community Member

Hello!

I am experiencing the same issue as described by the topic starter. I tried restarting my computer, logged out and logged back in on the Upwork site and restarted the tracking app. I waited more than 12 hours for the cached data/ Also, I tried the instruction offered by the moderators sent in this article. 

All this didn't work. Help me please, because I need to work!

Regards,

Nataliya

Hi Nataliia,

Could you follow the instructions under the section "How do I report a problem?" in the guide you have shared in your post? This way your logs will be included and our engineering team will be able to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lakhdar12
Community Member

My connection was lost and since then it does not reset

Hi Steven,

Could you please check the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can look into this further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members