cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork tracker connection lost message

Aileen Joy D Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
1 of 6

Hi,

My upwork timer was working when I started working at 1am started getting the "Connection lost" on my upwork timer since 3am est 6/4/2019. i don't see any scheduled maintenance today. i'm afraid my tracker is not being saved. i've restarted and shutdown my computer. internet is working.

I've also tried to send get support through the tracker but it says "unable to complete request.

Pls advise.

Thanks,
Aileen Dela Cruz

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Aileen,

Please don't restart the app as it is possible for the cached time to be lost, restarting the computer will not affect your cached time.

After some time when the app is reconnected to the Internet your time will be uploaded to the Work Diary as well. If your time is not uploaded to the Work Diary after a couple of hours please try to connect on another Internet connection and submit a support ticket from the App. 
Doing this will also include the logs from your end and our team will be able to investigate it and assist you further. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Aileen Joy D Member Since: Mar 15, 2015
3 of 6

Thanks for replying back. I've tried a different internet connection but still it says connection lost. i can't create a ticket from the app because it will not connect.

Btw, will deleting the cookies delete my cached time?

Pls let me know what else I can do.

Thanks

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

Aileen Joy D wrote:

Thanks for replying back. I've tried a different internet connection but still it says connection lost. i can't create a ticket from the app because it will not connect.

Btw, will deleting the cookies delete my cached time?

Pls let me know what else I can do.

The tracker can hold up to 12 hours of cache, so don't worry too much.

On your computer, check that you don't have any security software (such as a firewall) blocking the tracker. You may want to turn the firewall(s) off for 5 minutes to see if that is the issue.

Clearing your cache or deleting cookies is hardly ever necessary and certainly will not do any good in this case.

Have you gone through these troubleshooting steps?

Liliana R Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
5 of 6

Hi guys,

I am experiencing this same issue since 3 days ago and it does not stop, my internet connection is very good and this same message pops up every 10 minutes. I am not concerned about my time not being saved but this is an issue I did not have in the past and I wonder why it might be?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 6

Hi Liliana,

Could you please try Troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following ''How do I report a problem?'' section of previously shared Troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS