cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork won't set my profile to 100% complete

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
1 of 16

I've left my profile at 80% complete for the longest time because Upwork practically encourages everyone to cheat at their tests, and I see no other way to fill out that last 20%.  So, just for fun today, I decided to "Take a Skill Test (+10%)" twice, just to see if the site begins to look any different.

I took, and completed, the two most popular English language tests, but it still has my profile marked as only 80% complete.  I set the tests to proudly show in my profile, but it is still stuck at 80% complete.  After following all the published rules, I am at a loss.  Oh dearest Upwork, what must I do to appease you?  What will truly make me 100% acceptable?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 16

No portfolio. No education. No previous work experience. No skills set. Fix this and you should be ok to hit 100%

Community Guru
3 of 16

@Jean S wrote:

No portfolio. No education. No previous work experience. No skills set. Fix this and you should be ok to hit 100%

What are you talking about, Jean?  I clearly have 3 "items" in my portfolio (two of them being links to listings of multiple projects).  I list my work experience for the last 17 years.  I have set all the skills Upwork allows, and have a ton more than that.  Perhaps Upwork is censoring my profile in additional ways?  A screen shot of what you see might be very telling.  Thanks.

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
4 of 16

Hello there,

You are great worker in here. Best of luck.

****Please do not fail any test. JUst take any test and pass the test. I belive after that you will get your answer.  Please fill all the blanks.

HOpe it will help you

Thanks

Wish you all the best

Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
5 of 16

Hi Darrin, i think you should take the oDesk readiness test, i think this is compulsory

Community Guru
6 of 16

@Corinne L wrote:

Hi Darrin, i think you should take the oDesk readiness test, i think this is compulsory

I have indeed done that, Corinne.  Upwork just doesn't show it in anybody's profile.  I'm still just looking to find out why I'm not getting the last 20% credit for the two tests I took, or anything else I might be able to do that Upwork will consider as a final step towards completion.

Community Guru
7 of 16

@Khadezatul K wrote:

****Please do not fail any test. JUst take any test and pass the test. I belive after that you will get your answer.  Please fill all the blanks.

Thanks for your kind words, Khadezatul, but I am not worried about failing the tests I take.  I am only wondering why Upwork did not give me the +10% to my profile completeness that it said it would give me after I simply take each test.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
8 of 16

for you kind info......you must pass the test otherwise your profile will incomplete,...............

Thank you

Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
9 of 16

Only see what you need to do under the profile complete percentage. Follow them and your profile will be 100% complete soon. 

Community Guru
10 of 16

@Abdul R wrote:

Only see what you need to do under the profile complete percentage. Follow them and your profile will be 100% complete soon. 

That is clearly not the case, Abdul, or I wouldn't be here wondering why I'm not getting my +10% for each test I've taken, and Upwork lists no other way for me to increase my profile completeness. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS