Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Upwork won't set my profile to 100% complete

Moderator
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 16

Hi Darrin,

 

It looks like the two tests you are referring to were not passed and didn't count for your profile completeness.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
12 of 16

@Valeria K wrote:

It looks like the two tests you are referring to were not passed and didn't count for your profile completeness.


Valeria, the only instruction was for me to take the tests, not to pass them.  If it is the case that Upwork puts additional restrictions on what you'll accept, please update the wording of the message so that it is clear what necessary conditions must be met.  Thanks.

 

Ace Contributor
Jaime L Member Since: May 11, 2015
13 of 16

@Darrin O wrote:

@Valeria K wrote:

It looks like the two tests you are referring to were not passed and didn't count for your profile completeness.


Valeria, the only instruction was for me to take the tests, not to pass them.  If it is the case that Upwork puts additional restrictions on what you'll accept, please update the wording of the message so that it is clear what necessary conditions must be met.  Thanks.

 


Darrin,

 

I mean this as politely as possible...I think it's pretty important for freelancers to be passing the tests. 

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
14 of 16

@Jaime L wrote:
I mean this as politely as possible...I think it's pretty important for freelancers to be passing the tests. 

I would only agree if it can be shown that fraud is not a significant element in the testing.  As I stated in my original post, the testing Upwork does is rife with cheating.  That being the case, I think it's more important for professional freelancers to criticize the tests rather than mindlessly try to pass them.

 

So, simply to complete my profile, I did all that Upwork really asked: Take a Skill Test (+10%).  But Upwork did not give me that +10% for taking a test.  They just need to properly change that to "Pass a Skill Test" if that's what they really mean, or they need to credit me for the tests I have taken.  Or they need to offer me other, more respectable ways to complete my profile.

 

But what do I know?  I mean, just look at my failing scores on those English tests!  That's what's important.

 

 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
15 of 16

Nearly all the answers are online anyway. That's why you see 'artecle writters' who can barely create a profile with 100% for spelling.

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
16 of 16

@Ramon B wrote:

Nearly all the answers are online anyway. That's why you see 'artecle writters' who can barely create a profile with 100% for spelling.


Yes, that's why I wrote "practically encourages everyone to cheat" in my original message.  Upwork's rules for tests gives a whole list of things they say you shouldn't do, but it reads like it has a big "wink-wink" at the end, because everything they give is obviously unenforceable.  There's just no point in me, or anyone, putting in a good faith effort to get a high score when an honest 98% test score is made to look bad next to cheater after cheater with 100%.

 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS