🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwrok percentage fee
Page options
007awais
Community Member

Upwrok percentage fee

Hi there, I have a question please kindly answer i m working for an client and my total life time payment for that client is 350 $ and if i got another contract for the same client of 200 $ means its will increase the total life time billing to 550 $ so for this new 200$ job which i got after 350$ lifetime billing with that client what will the upwork fee will its be 20% or its will be 10 % because i m going to cross the 500$ lifetime billing with that client with this new 200$ contract. Kindly please understand my question well and than proper answer please. Hope so you will understand the question. Waiting for your response. Thanks
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ambroz
Community Member

Because you need additional 150$ to earn 500$, your 200$ contract will be "splited". So first 150$ will be charged 20% and another 50$ will be charged 10%.

So from your 200$ contract, you will pay 35$ + tax to the Upwork 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vsalinitro
Community Member

You will pay 20% on the first 500$ and 10% on the rest up to 10.000$ (after 10k the upwork fee is 5%)

Thank u very much for your response now i understand everything very well.
ambroz
Community Member

Because you need additional 150$ to earn 500$, your 200$ contract will be "splited". So first 150$ will be charged 20% and another 50$ will be charged 10%.

So from your 200$ contract, you will pay 35$ + tax to the Upwork 

007awais
Community Member

Thank you very much for your response. Your answer id fully professional and better to understand for me .
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

Valerio, and Ambrož are both correct. To confirm, all contracts that cross a fee threshold will be charged at a blended rate. For example, if you begin an hourly or fixed-price contract with a new client for $600, you’ll be billed 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100. The same is true of a $15,000 contract – you’ll be billed 20% on the first $500, 10% on the next $9,500, and 5% on the last $5,000.

~ Avery
Upwork
007awais
Community Member

Agree and thanks for your response.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members