🐈
» Forums » Support » Urgent Help Needed: Account Suspension - Requ...
Page options
hk1997
Community Member

Account Suspended

Please resolve my issue !!
I am not able to submit proposals as it says "you can't submit a proposal because your account is suspended.".
However, when I submitted an appeal to unsuspend my account they responded that my account is not suspended. Please resolve my issue.
I'm not getting a proper support on this. I've been only asked to clear cache & cookies & I've tried it several times but doesn't work. Also, the same issue persists on mobile app. There must be a technical issue then. Please investigate this matter.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Hassaan,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,695 REPLIES 1,695

Have your ticket access? Maybe something useful there. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

They usually take 48 hours and sometimes even longer to reply. So allow that time frame and if you don't hear back then you can reply to the email/request which you have received. 

bilous-maksym
Community Member

Dear Upwork Community Members,

I am reaching out to you today with great urgency and a plea for assistance regarding a distressing issue I am facing with my Upwork account. My name is Maksym, and for almost a decade, I have been an active freelancer on Upwork, accumulating an impressive track record of over 10,000 work hours and earning more than $200,000. I am proud to hold a solid rating , which reflects the quality and dedication I have brought to every project.

Regrettably, I find myself in a grave situation where my account has been suspended, preventing me from accessing my funds and continuing my work. What adds to the frustration is the misnaming of my account in recent communications from Upwork, where I was referred to as "Amarjeet," a name completely unrelated to me. This blocking message, with an incorrect name, leads me to believe that the suspension was done by mistake.

Throughout my entire Upwork experience, I have consistently used my genuine name, Maksym. It is deeply troubling to see such a significant error in the communication regarding my account suspension. This adds to my growing concerns about the handling of my case and the transparency of the verification process.

I have followed all the necessary steps in the verification process, which have been dragging on for a staggering 22 days. My last video verification was conducted a week ago, and since then, I have received no concrete updates on the status of my account. The responses I do receive are automated and impersonal, along the lines of "We are reviewing your account, and if we don't get back to you within 48 hours, please contact us again." However, when I do reach out, I am simply asked to wait another 48 hours.

As you can imagine, this extensive and opaque verification process is causing immense concern, especially in terms of accessing my hard-earned funds. I am left wondering whether these funds will be held indefinitely until a final decision is made on my account. This uncertainty is deeply troubling, as I rely on these funds for my livelihood.

I kindly request your understanding, support, and guidance as I navigate this distressing situation. I have always valued my relationship with Upwork and the opportunities it has provided me over the years. I am hopeful that by sharing my story and seeking the collective voice of our community, we can shed light on my case and prompt a fair resolution.

If anyone has experienced a similar issue or has any advice or suggestions on how to expedite the resolution process, I would greatly appreciate your insights. Additionally, any guidance on how to escalate this matter within Upwork would be immensely helpful.

I want to express my sincere gratitude for your time and consideration in reading this message. I am deeply grateful for any support you can offer, and I remain hopeful that together we can bring attention to my situation and work towards a positive resolution.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to your assistance and guidance.

Sincerely,

Maksym

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Maksym,

I understand this is a difficult situation for you. I checked and your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

I hope our community finds your post so people who had to also re-verify their accounts can share their experiences.

~ AJ
Upwork

What is ban reason?

Maybe it was hijacked then renamed to Amarjeet.

No other ways, support only. Yep, it is slowly and with no guarantee.

b2935bbc
Community Member

My account was suspended and i was sent a link by support to verify it.
It took a while to get the documents ready. The link is expired now and i can't seem to contact support any more for a new one.

I've tried this, but i can't seem to message support through tickets

Hi Precious,

Thanks for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
silvanusmatiku
Community Member

I can't apply for any jobs at the moment, Apply button grayed out. Keen to understand why my account is restricted/suspended?

What needs to be done to get it re-activated?

Yep, your account shown as unavailable. You need to contact support. Some moderator will create ticket for you when see your post.

Hi Silvanus,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
52eb550d
Community Member

I made the weekly payment on Friday but 2 days later it is still saying my account is on temporary hold, and the freelancer can't post time to the projects just now. 

I cannot find a human person to deal with to resolve this matter asap.

Can anyone assist please? 

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
73481cf5
Community Member

Hi My Name is Himanshu Mani, My Account is suspended, I do not kow which terms of services i violated, Earlier i made 2 account with different gmail account because of payment issue, but i closed earlier account now my both account is suspended it is not fair at least mention which terms i violated, There is no intention to Violate any terms and condition. If the Authority could have told me that close one account otherwise my account will be suspended then i could have done closing of account. this is not the way to suspend any account with out information ,

Even i have not received any email or message or call or any type of warning for my account suspension. At least give me 1 time. I will read your terms and condition if it is very frequently account is suspended. You can do my Video verfication again, I am not any wrong person. Please resolve my issue and Unblock my account. This is not fair.

You cannot close 1st acout to favour of 2nd. It was violation i think. 

Hi Himanshu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
762e0bfe
Community Member

Hi, Upwork community, I'm glad to be here.

I wasn't aware of the upwork policy that I can not have multiple accounts. My new account has been suspended

Hi Aderonke,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
danielbrantley
Community Member

Update: Resolved. Thanks!

a700a8f6
Community Member

Hello.

I am Denys from Ukraine and I used Upwork for a month.

Finished 2 projects successfully and had a hourly contract with my one client.

But that account is suspended after I had a interview, and I think problem is that I used another PC for interview because I don't have camera on the laptop.

If you had experience, please let me know how I can re-activate my account again.

I read the Term of service everyday and tried to keep that everyday.

I want to archieve the success on Upwork, but my dream is broken.

I already submit my docuements again, but I wonder if Upwork will suspend my account again.
Please

Hello Denys,

The only way to re-activate the account is to contact the support team through live chat on this page https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Regards

6bb0380c
Community Member

I have sent an offer to a freelancer and he has indicated that he cannot accept it because upwork states "This client account is on hold, once it is resolved you can accept it".

I don't understand what is going on.

I need you to help me resolve this issue so I can make the hire. Thank you!

Hi Henri,

I checked and can confirm that there's no restriction on your account. We need to convert your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4236e2c0
Community Member

Hello,
it has been more than 48 hours but I have not received any response from the Upwork support theam. As for as I understand. Upwork Russia and Belarus have decided to suspend businesses operations. But i am not a freelancer from Russia or Belarus. I am a Bangladesh freelancer. Pless Activate my account.
Thanks

Hi Md,

It looks like our team has already reached out to you with details about your account suspension. You can access your support tickets here or check your email as a corresponding email that was sent to you.

~ AJ
Upwork

pless my account active 

First me 

Hi Md Sadikul,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Come on my profile and inbox me!

I can solve 

39c51842
Community Member

Hi, can i have my account open back, i just confirmed upwork terms of service and will not flout it.

Like and rewied in my profile 

658b8494
Community Member

I was suspended but I can reach my account but am not able to propose for a job

Hi Mwana,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I can see that you're already communicating with the relevant team regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
0da033a5
Community Member

My first upwork account was suspended sometime in August 2022 because I accepted a contract by a scam client. Now I have opened a new account after 6 months but I'm finding it difficult to secure new jobs or replies because my account is new. Please is there a way of getting back my reviews and profile feedbacks to my new account? Or can my old account be reinstated?

Dont worry about jobs, you will be banned soon. You cannot open new account, it is ToS violation.

Only one way is restore your single account. Ask support to restore it if possible. 

Hi Eunan,

I'm sorry to hear about your account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
zak1725
Community Member

Dear Friends,

Please help me get out of this situation. It's going to destroy my carrier. Due to some fradulent Chargeback Upwork put restriction on my withdrawal. Please let me know how to fix this. Upwork is asking me to refund huge amount in USD to refund which was totally fraud. Please suggest and help. Upwork is the only source of my income and i am facing big issue at the moment. 

Thank you in advance

Jakir Hussain

Hi Jakir,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your account. I can see that the relevant team has already reached you via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and respond to the email notification for the support ticket sent to the registered email address. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths