cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help!!!

Jinat F Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
1 of 9

Hello all,

I have been start working in upwork for three weeks. My little brother also wants to start working in upwork. But we do not have much more money to buy a new laptop or pc. I need to know, can my brother use my laptop for his work if he gets work?

Thanks to all.

Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
2 of 9

Sure he can. Only thing is, you guys can use the laptop one person at a time. When he is working for his clients, he logs into the TeamApp and bills his hours....and when you want to work, he logs out...you login  and then start the time tracker.

Jinat F Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
3 of 9

Thanks a lot.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 9

Since you must be very careful doing this, make it a rule that you MUST log off when you are finished and the same for your brother. One slip and your accounts could be gone.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 9

Playing with fire IMO

Tell him to get a job, save some money, and get his own gear.

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
6 of 9

Hello Jinat,

I can understand what you're passing through. I had the same issue when I started my career long ago. Make sure to do a great job and you'll soon have more devices than your need Smiley Happy

There won't be a problem as far as I recall. Maybe send Upwork an email letting them know - just in case they recorded suspicious activities because I think they track your IP address (which is the same for you and your brother). So just let them know you guys use the same computer in case anything goes wrong in the future you can save that email as a proof.

Beside this, ensure to create two Users on that computer - One for you and one for your brother. When you install the Team App on your windows user, select "Only Me" to have the App independent on your user. Your brother can do the same.

Wish you the best of luck.

- Wassim

Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
7 of 9

Yes, what Wassim said. You both must have separate Upwork accounts and must NEVER use each others accounts to work. That would be cause for account suspension. You are allowed to use the same IP address, though.

Zamir U Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
8 of 9
Don't use same laptop. Buy a new one. For now, you can create two user accounts in your PC as Wassim said.
Zamir Uddin
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 9

You should create an application that splits the screen in half and also re-maps the keyboard so that you can type all keys with either the left or right half only, and allows two simultaneous user accounts to be logged in at one time.

That way you will be able to use the laptop at the same time as your brother.

You would probably be kicked off Upwork if you did this, but I would be impressed by your programming prowess.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS