🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Urgent The file you’re trying to download...
Page options
engineeriotech
Community Member

Urgent The file you’re trying to download is password protected, and could not be scanned""

These PDF which my client is ending me are password protected.
When i click to download them ,upwork give me this message.

"The file you’re trying to download is password protected, and could not be scanned.

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hawris,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your files. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ask the client to send it to your email.

This is a big problem.  I used to do what Irene suggested but with Upwork's new policy of not allowing freelancers to provide personal contact information (i.e. email addresses) before being hired.

I'm really ticked because I'm trying to follow the rules and Upwork is making it difficult for me and the prospective client to use the app and share sensitive information.

Kevin O wrote:

This is a big problem.  I used to do what Irene suggested but with Upwork's new policy of not allowing freelancers to provide personal contact information (i.e. email addresses) before being hired.

I'm really ticked because I'm trying to follow the rules and Upwork is making it difficult for me and the prospective client to use the app and share sensitive information

Personal contact is allowed once a formal Upwork contract is in place, so you should be OK. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths