cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent The file you’re trying to download is password protected, and could not be scanned""

Highlighted
Hawris A Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
1 of 5

These PDF which my client is ending me are password protected.
When i click to download them ,upwork give me this message.

"The file you’re trying to download is password protected, and could not be scanned.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Hawris,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your files. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 5

Ask the client to send it to your email.

Highlighted
Kevin O Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
4 of 5

This is a big problem.  I used to do what Irene suggested but with Upwork's new policy of not allowing freelancers to provide personal contact information (i.e. email addresses) before being hired.

I'm really ticked because I'm trying to follow the rules and Upwork is making it difficult for me and the prospective client to use the app and share sensitive information.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 5

Kevin O wrote:

This is a big problem.  I used to do what Irene suggested but with Upwork's new policy of not allowing freelancers to provide personal contact information (i.e. email addresses) before being hired.

I'm really ticked because I'm trying to follow the rules and Upwork is making it difficult for me and the prospective client to use the app and share sensitive information

Personal contact is allowed once a formal Upwork contract is in place, so you should be OK. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS