🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Use of Engagement Letters while performing wo...
Page options
talyaquick
Community Member

Use of Engagement Letters while performing work through Upwork

Do you utilize engagement letters with your clients through Upwork?  If not, why?  Are the contracts within Upwork typically sufficient to stand in place of a signed engagement letter?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Talya Q wrote:

Do you utilize engagement letters with your clients through Upwork?  If not, why?  Are the contracts within Upwork typically sufficient to stand in place of a signed engagement letter?

I create a specific Scope of Work document that is used with each client, and they agree either by signing or by attaching it to the contract on this Scope of Work. I do this to ensure the client has realistic expectations of what I will do and what they are responsible for. I use the same SOW doc as an addendum to my IRL contracts as well. I find it more important for fixed price work than for hourly work, but I include it for both. 

Whether or not the Upwork contract is sufficient is entirely dependent on your needs. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
a_lipsey
Community Member

Talya Q wrote:

I create a specific Scope of Work document that is used with each client, and they agree either by signing or by attaching it to the contract on this Scope of Work. I do this to ensure the client has realistic expectations of what I will do and what they are responsible for. I use the same SOW doc as an addendum to my IRL contracts as well. I find it more important for fixed price work than for hourly work, but I include it for both. 

Whether or not the Upwork contract is sufficient is entirely dependent on your needs. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members