🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Used Time Tracker but time was not record...
Page options
triciaborje
Community Member

Used Time Tracker but time was not recorded

Hi everyone!

I just started working for an hourly contract. I downloaded the Upwork desktop app and used the Time Tracker to record my time.

But my time was not recorded. I turned the 'Current Session' timer ON and worked for an hour. After I turned it OFF, I checked my 'TIME & EARNINGS' and 'WORK DIARY' and it says that I've worked for 0:00 hrs. I did this twice so a total of 2 hours were not recorded.

It's my first time using Time Tracker so I'm not yet so familiar with it. I hope someone could help me.

Thank you very much!

11 REPLIES 11
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frances,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi! I've also experience the same problem now, I have worked 6 hrs today but it only recorded 4 hrs, what am I going to do? Thank you.

Hi Gerlie,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexandar, 
I have the same issuee. 

Hi Akash,

You can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have encountered same problem, not able to connect support as well. Upwork please help

Hi Pinaki,

Would you please share more information about the problem you're experiencing? For which days and contracts are you specifically not seeing the time you tracked?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

What you are describing is NOT what I expect to see when I use the Upwork time-tracker application.

Can you tell us about the type of work you are doing?

The time-tracker app is designed to only record time when there is mouse and keyboard activity. So (for example) if you were painting using oil paints on canvas, or if you were baking a cake, and you tried to use the time-tracker app to record your time... time spent working NOT on the computer, but elsewhere... Then you would NOT see any time recorded.

n_a_dayswork
Community Member

Welcome aboard! Can you please share what was sent by your support ticket to perhaps save time and questions for others.

Thank you
oliviafaye
Community Member

Hi! I've also experience the same problem, I have worked 7 hrs today but it only recorded 2 hrs. Please help
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olivia Faye,

Could you please try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article?  If the issue persists, please report it following the ’’How do I report a problem?’’ section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths