🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Used all my connects but haven`t got a single...
Page options
rbrama
Community Member

Used all my connects but haven`t got a single work. Not even a basic one.

No comments 

1 REPLY 1
resultsassoc
Community Member

Rama,

It appears you joined this morning and immediately sent out responses that used all your connects. It is now 10:00 pm where you are and you have not yet obtained any work. By the way, I looked at your st.

Most of us waited a few weeks to get any interest in a response after submitting replies. I suspect the majority of your responses to U.S. clients arrived while they were still asleep. I posted a job yesterday, only one invited, asked hm first if he felt confident he could do it, and his reply came in while I was asleep. I just now hired him. That's very quick for Upwork.

You're in a crowded market. There are thousands of people who will create a website for anyone, all over the world. Your profile says nothing about what your websites will do for my businesses. You do list three platforms in which you'll create websites. I don't care about that, I care what the website can do. Your profile is written to appeal to your competitors. They won't hir.e you; I might. Tell me what your website will do for me.

Raise your rate. My web guru created two sites and maintains them. I had to talk her into raising her rates, which are 10x your rate. If you don't think you're worth very much, I'm not going to argue with you.

Decide now what your ideal client looks like. Does he run a retail store, or a courier service, or is he a manufacturer of bicycles? Where is he located? What kind of website does he want? Will he sell things through the website and accept payments there? Then, look through the job posts for those matching your target.

You claim you have done many websites. Your portfolio includes only one. Add another one or two, at least. And don't spend all your connects the moment you get them unless that's what you need to do because dozens of new jobs were posted that specifically matched your ideal client profle.

Good luck.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members