🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Used all of my connects but didn't got hired,...
Page options
sohitdangol53
Community Member

Used all of my connects but didn't got hired, is it normal ?

Hello,

Is it normal to not get hired although i used all of my connects. Its been one month since i joned upwork. I think my profile is good and i also got a portfolio to show. All of the design on my portfolio are real, all done by me. My descriptions are good enough. 

Appreciate any kind of suggestions.

Thank you,

12 REPLIES 12
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sohit D wrote:

Hello,

Is it normal to not get hired although i used all of my connects. Its been one month since i joned upwork. I think my profile is good and i also got a portfolio to show. All of the design on my portfolio are real, all done by me. My descriptions are good enough. 

Appreciate any kind of suggestions.

Thank you,

I had a look at your profile and it does not show a portfolio. Are you sure you added any portfolio pieces? 

Yes, i have added my portfolio.

Sohit D wrote:
Yes, i have added my portfolio.

Still can't see it. 

Hi Sohit,

I just checked your profile and I can't view your portfolio/s as well. 
Please follow the instructions in this Guide on how to add your portfolio items. If you`re experiencing any problems with this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I think its now visible. I just updated my profile.

I think your rate is too low. It makes you look a bit desperate. 

Does rates even make any differece on getiing orders, like people wants designs for cheap.

Sohit D wrote:
Does rates even make any differece on getiing orders, like people wants designs for cheap.

Clients tend to want the best they can afford; it's often a matter of wanting quantity over price.

As mentioned your rates are very low, and 'cheap' is synonymous with 'poor quality. I once found that, after an increase in my rates, I started to win more work. I think my rate changed moved me into a different sub-category of freelancer. 

Why is this happening ? I been seeing lot of people saying same thing which i'm experiencing that they are using all the connects but not getting any single job. Even i have submitted many proposal where i was 100% fit for the job but i never got any response. When can we expect UPWORK to solve all freelancers problem.

Many thanks in advance

Hema

Hema D wrote:

When can we expect UPWORK to solve all freelancers problem.

Never. That would be entirely unrealistic.

You are running a business as a freelancer. Nobody will "solve all freelancer problems"

Upwork can't force clients to hire you.

Sohit D wrote:

I think its now visible. I just updated my profile.

Yes I can see it now. You definitely wasted your connects writing proposals without a portfolio visible, nobody will hire a graphic designer without seeing proof of his work. You need to start over now. 

I will try it again. Thank you for help.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths