🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » User **Edited for Guidelines Phishing for SSN...
Page options
fxislam123
Community Member

User **Edited for Guidelines Phishing for SSN and Home Address

Below user emailed me directly and asked me to provide my SSN Address and other personal information for a $15 job. He also kept messaging me even after I turned down his job stating that it is a US requirement to give him my SSN for any job. Please beaware if you get any invitation from this person. He supposibly needs people for document translation job.  

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 12:01:53 PM MST,  **Edited for Community Guidelines** wrote:

Dear Fahria,   I’m reaching out on behalf of the **Edited for Community Guidelines** to extend you a warm welcome! In order to start the registration process, could you please kindly fill out our short questionnaire using the link provided?  **Edited for Community Guidelines** Next, given the sensitive nature of the documents handled by our company, could you please sign the documents below, using the respective links? Please note that the W-9 should only be completed by individuals residing in the US.   Non-Disclosure Agreement: **Edited for Community Guidelines** Please note that if the links do not work, kindly copy and paste the links into your browser to fix the issue.
Finally, please reach back out to us once everything has been completed or if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!
Sincerely,**Edited for Community Guidelines**
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I would flag the job and also report the client to Customer Service.  Upwork has all the information needed to verify you.  And a W-9 doesn't even need to be issued unless your payments are considerably higher than $15!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I would flag the job and also report the client to Customer Service.  Upwork has all the information needed to verify you.  And a W-9 doesn't even need to be issued unless your payments are considerably higher than $15!!

fxislam123
Community Member

I have notified upwork customer service. I want to make sure he is not taking advantage of others as this board can provide better visibility to all. Thanks for the reponse. 

Hi Fahria,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and reporting the job posting and client. You can also PM me the link to the job posting and I'll be sure to follow up with the team that handles these sorts of issues.

Please also have a look at this thread which contains helpful information on avoiding suspicious job...

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths