🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Username is incorrect
Page options
jlb75
Community Member

Username is incorrect

Hi,

I can't login on Upwork (I have got a client and a freelancer account). I send all my ID documents, but no answer from the support.
I have had to create this account to ask this question, what can I do?

Thanks (=

15 REPLIES 15
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jean,

Did you try logging in with your email that is associated with your account? Let me know if you receive any errors with this as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

yeah, I am sure it's the good one (email). In fact I have contacted the support and I need to verify my ID. My account was suspended. I send them all my documents, and now I don't have any answer from the support since 4 days.

I don't know if my account was definitely suspended or if they didn't receive my ID and documents

Thanks, Goran.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jean,

Please send me a PM (Click on my name) with your account details so that I can check this and advise you accordingly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I am having the same issue as Jean, I have submitted verification documents, worked with upwork for over a month, and now I can't seem to access my account due to "incorrect username". Could you pm me at my email @ **edited for Community Guidelines**

for assistance. I can't pm you from my orginal Upwork because I can't access that account anymore. 

Thanks. 

Hi Derek, 

I checked your account and can see that you were able to login to your account. Do you need further help with anything?

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, Mr. Goran.

I am having the same issue as Jean,I can't login my account on September 12,

I did work on 11 but I noticed I can't login on 12.

It said "Oops, Invalid user email or username" when I tried to login with my email, and I’m sure the email is correct.

I have made a new account to report this issue.

Can you resolve this issue shortly?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I had tried to contact you through PM but I was not allowed actually.

Regards

Hi Q,

The team will reach to you with more information regarding the status of the account in question. As a reminder, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks a lot! Now my account is back, and I will close this account soon.

Hello Sir,

I also can't login with my own account. It said "Username is incorrect", but I am 100% sure that my account is correct. And I have to sign up a new account and ask for support.

Could you please check it?

My account is:**edited for Community Guidelines**

PS: Before my account shows this error, I asked several of my colleagues to use my account to hire freelancers. They login in new devices and I received several security email notifications but I ignore it.

I guess this is the main reason which leads my account's issue.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott, 

It looks like the team has reached out to you through your original account's email address and is working to resolve the issue with you. 

Please know that sharing your account with other users is a violation of the Upwork User Agreement. If you need members of your team/company to hire on your behalf, you can enable teams on your account settings, add team members to your team/company, and set team permissions accordingly. 

As for access to your original account, the team will continue assisting you through your email support ticket to resolve your account issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Goran

i have same problem, today i can not login to my account, the email address is correct

could you help me to solve the problem ? my email is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jefry,

Please follow up on the email notification that our team sent you regarding your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b_okike
Community Member

Hello, Upwork customers.
I can't login my account .
I did work yesterday but I noticed I can't login today.
It said "Oops, Invalid user email or username" when I tried to login with my email.
I have made a new account to report this issue.
Can you resolve this issue shortly?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bright,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran.
Thanks for your quick reply.
I had tried to contact you through PM but I was not allowed actually.
I hope Upwork customers fix this issue as soon as possible.
Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths