🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Using Time Tracker for two Hourly Projects
Page options
talkyasir
Community Member

Using Time Tracker for two Hourly Projects

Hi,

I would like to know if I can use two hourly contract on different time spans, but on two different computers?

I have two hourly contract, lets say I use to work on one contract on computer 1 and with different time span I used to work on computer 2, off course timer for one contract is running and second contract timer is off.

In short, I will use timer at night time for first contract and for second contract I use timer in morning.  Should not be an issue?

Please guide

Thank in advance.

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasir,

Yes, you're free to use Desktop App on different computers/laptops for the different contracts.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
talkyasir
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your quick response. Really appreciate it.

Stay safe!

I need to know it again.

If I will have 2 hourly contract. I will do 1 job with 1 PC, and my wife will do another job in 2nd PC at same time so that I can lead her for the work sequance.

So my question is - is it possible to use time tracker in 2 PC in a same time?

Thanks

rverang
Community Member

Muhammad W wrote:

I need to know it again.

If I will have 2 hourly contract. I will do 1 job with 1 PC, and my wife will do another job in 2nd PC at same time so that I can lead her for the work sequance.

So my question is - is it possible to use time tracker in 2 PC in a same time?

Thanks

This is a serious TOS violation. You are the only one allowed to use your account. You cannot share your account with anyone, not even your wife.

To answer your question: No.

ttczaman
Community Member

I opened agency account and will start working with agency too. 

SO my next question is about working with personal account and agency account, and question is same as before.

Is it possible to use track time in personal hourly job and agency houry job in a same time? On agency accounts work, of-course I have few worker and they will work and track time. And if I will do any hourly job in same time? 

I know it before. It is possible to track time both in same time. But if any new rules upwork have I need to no. 

If it not possible then what benifit I will get from agency? Agency must be open for extra work, huse work, team work etc. I think it. But what upwork rules for this?

Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

You will not be able to track time on different contracts at the same time from your account. If your team needs to work on a client project, the client will need to hire each team member so that they can track their time and charge the client for the time worked/tracked. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Muhammad W wrote:

I opened agency account and will start working with agency too. 

SO my next question is about working with personal account and agency account, and question is same as before.

Are you saying that you've opened two different accounts? That's a TOS violation as well. You need to do some more reading about how this website works, or you're going to end up banned.

ok, Thank you for the help.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad W wrote:

But what upwork rules for this?

Your wife (and anyone else) must have her own account and your client must hire your wife for any hourly work she does. 

She can not log hours under your account in any way. Only you may log hours for any hourly jobs you were hired for.

Anyone else tracking time on any contract you were hired for will mean you could lose your account and any money you earned.

Is it possible to use the time tracker for two clients? One client allows manual adding of time and one did not allow?

re: "Is it possible to use the time tracker for two clients? One client allows manual adding of time and one did not allow?"

Yes.

Use it for one client, that's fine.

Two clients, that's fine.

Ten clients, that's fine.

There is no limit to the number of clients you can use the time-tracker tool to log time for. Just as long as there are no overlapping time segments.

Oh okay. That is nice. Thank you.

Rozzenn Rex A wrote:
Oh okay. That is nice. Thank you.

I do hope you read and absorbed the final sentence of Preston's answer.

Rozzenn Rex A wrote:
Is it possible to use the time tracker for two clients?

Not at the same time, which seems to be what you are asking...

Whatever it is, please don't add manual time unless you know the client well. Now this metric of how "well" you know the client depends on your judgement, but be cautious of this whenever you do. 

And, yeah, there should not be any overlapping. It doesn't seem practical that one is working on two different projects at the same time. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths