🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Using cards from another country.
Page options
unpalos
Community Member

Using cards from another country.

Hello! I am living in Romania but as I am using Revolut cards everyday, I want to add my card to my payment methods. I can not do that, because Revolut is a bank from UK so I changed my location to GB and Upwork aska me to verify it by passport or driving license.
I do not know what to do so I can use my Revolut card. Please, help.
5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ghergulescu,

Unfortunately, we aren't able to support Revolut cards as a payment method at this time. If there are any changes in this regards, we'll update the Community.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a5329307
Community Member

Hello! Since Upwork does not accept UK credit cards, specifically, Revolut cards as payment, how does a UK company pay for freelancer services? A freelancer is waiting to start a job for us and we can’t hire them, as your system says that it doesn’t accept prepaid cards, while our card is a valid debit card. Please advise what can we do?

Hi Olga,

Upwork offers several options that you can use as a billing method. Here are the following:

Credit Card: Upwork accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express credit cards. We do not accept virtual, prepaid, or gift cards. 

Paypal: A verified Paypal account can be used as a billing method. 

Bank Account (ACH)Qualifying clients in the U.S. may use their bank account as a billing method.

For more information, please check out this help article. Let us know if you have other questions. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
elvix
Community Member

Guys, seriously, we need the Revolut here.
Payoneer and Skreel are two pieces of s***t with s**d slowpocks in support. PayPal has not fair conversion rates.
Revolut is easy to use and honest bank with thousands of users all over the world.
Ple-ple-ple-please ))
2a05aa63
Community Member

Just take a plane ticket to your clients city and get paid in person. Will be much cheaper, right?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members