🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Using client feedback as testimonial
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
abyrne80
Community Member

I'd like to request a testimonial from a non-Upwork client.  They don't have a LinkedIn account though.  How do I get around that?

Hi Allison,

Please know that your client does need to have a LinkedIn profile in order to request a Testimonial from them.

~Andrea
Upwork
computertrainer
Community Member

Am I allowed to use, with the clients permission, their feedback as a testimonial on my business website?

Yes.

How?! 🙂

aminazahoorawan
Community Member

Hello! I Want To Cancel A Testimonial Request To Ask For A New One, From The Same Person Since The Client Is Not Responding.

Can You Help Me With This Concern? Thank You!

Hi Amina,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you sent that testimonial request to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
arslanhab
Community Member

is it necessary for my recommender to have an official email address, if he wants to write a testimonial for me?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arslan,

No, just make sure to use the email address you're sure they have access to.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
djabdu95
Community Member

Hello,

I put the wrong name when requesting a testimonial. Instead of writing the name of my manager, I wrote my own name. Is there any way to fix this? (I haven't received back the testimonial yet)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abduvosid,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you sent that testimonial request to? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cadrguptas
Community Member

pending testimonial after approval by the client?

Hi Dimpy,

You need to allow up to 10 business days for the testimonial to be reviewed.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Does it mean, the testimonial will be shown after 10 days from the date approved by the client?

Hi Dimpy,

It means the team will review the testimonial within 10 business days from the date the client submitted it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
2a31a687
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I want to know How much time does a Testimonial from a non-Upwork client take to appear in my profile?
The client received the email yesterday and sent the details but it didn't appear on my testimonial section yet.
Thank you in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samy,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed.

Thanks for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
syedamahrukhraza
Community Member

I requested to get testimonial from my previous client but she didn’t receive any email from Upwork for it.

Please help me with this. Although it’s appearing as “pending” on my profile.

Did you asked your client to check spam/junk box? I would suggest that maybe wait couple of hours and your client may receive email.
k_parkerr
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community

my testimonials are not showing up on my profile yet 2 weeks passes and my clients approved my requests but still nothing showing in testimonials.

Thank you

Koop Parkerr

Hi Koop,

I followed up with the team and it looks like your Testimonial is already showing on your profile!

~Andrea
Upwork
2179aff6
Community Member

I've reached out to former clients to discuss them providing a testimonial for my profile. However, when I use the Request a Testimonial feature they are required to have a LinkedIn profile which these clients do not have. Is there any way a testimonial can be requested for those who do not have a LinkedIn profile?

Jarrod B wrote:
I've reached out to former clients to discuss them providing a testimonial for my profile. However, when I use the Request a Testimonial feature they are required to have a LinkedIn profile which these clients do not have. Is there any way a testimonial can be requested for those who do not have a LinkedIn profile?

No. Having a linked in account is the only reference a testimonial has so it's required.

945f7b2e
Community Member

Hi,

My client has asked me to resend the testimonial link to her. Can you help with that? Her email address is**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out. I have requested the assistance of our team so that they can assist you with your request. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
945f7b2e
Community Member

Thank you.
Please let me know when the request has been processed.

I’m having the same issue. Can someone please help me resend a testimonial link to my client?

Hi Cora,

Thanks for reaching out. Just to clarify, did your client had trouble using the link received or did not receive the link at all? Can you click on my name and send me a PM with their information so I can assist you further?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,

My client.   **Edited for Community Guidelines**, cannot find the link I already sent him. Can you please help me resend it to him?

Thank you,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Cora,

Thanks for the information. I've forwarded your concern to the appropriate team and we'll get back to you once we have more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello! I have got a problem. I have asked my not Upwork client to leave feedback, but she hasn't got any message yet. Could you help me, please? Thanks in advance.

Hi Alona,

Just to confirm, did your client checked their spam and junk folders as well? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, she did.

Hi Alona,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client you are referring to? Please also share the email address of your client so that I can better assist you. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
1f1ae02f
Community Member

I got a testimonial from a client that is not on Upwork, and he made a typo. I do not like this and would like to get it removed or hidden so he can write it again. How can I do this?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hashim,

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this further. We looked into the testimonial you are referring to, and it seems like your client submitted two testimonials from two different email addresses. However, the testimonials are an exact copy of each other. Please know that a client should only submit a testimonial once. We can ask the team to remove one of the testimonials for you.

As for the typo you wish to correct, a Customer Support Team member will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

Does Upwork accept testimonials from the Upwork clients or outside client's too. My client wrote testimonial on my profile but Upwork did not accept. Can anybody help me?

Hi Sana,

Thank you for your message. To ensure the trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Where can I provide the complete information about my client? I am still working with this client it's my personal client. Guide me where to email my client's information? Any email?

Hi Sana, 

I am currently reviewing your request with the relevant team and will reach you here once I have an update.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members