Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using earnings for making membership payments

mahum6
Ace Contributor
Mahum S Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
1 of 8

Hello

Can we use my earnings to pay membership fees of Freelancer Plus? I am using bank transfer to withdrawal my earnings. But I can't see this option for deposit. How can I fill in my upwork financial account to make deposits?

Please advice.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Mahum,

Yes, if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the Membership payment will be charged to it first. If there aren't sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, your billing method will be charged. That's why it's necessary for you to add a valid billing method before you upgrade.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mahum6
Ace Contributor
3 of 8

Can you tell the procedure or share a link for 'how to use earnings for membership payments'? I can't find in the methods of billing

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 8

Mahum,

It happens automatically. You add a payment method and upgrade your membership. Upwork will attempt to charge membership fee from your account balance first before charging your default billing method. Note though, that your account balance must cover the full membership fee.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

mahum6
Ace Contributor
5 of 8

Thank Valeria I understand it now. Thankyou

imaiqbal
Ima Sultana I Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
6 of 8

Hi Valeria,

For the last 1 year, I am upgrading my freelancer membership by using available earnings on Upwork each month. For the first time, I'm not getting the option of upgrading using available earnings. I've added screenshots of available options.

Is there any change on Upwork policy or I'm missing something.

Thank you!

Ima

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
7 of 8

Hi Ima,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
imaiqbal
Ima Sultana I Member Since: Nov 22, 2019
8 of 8

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for replying! Yes, Maria has provided me the best solution.

Regards,

Ima

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS