🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Using overseas bank account while being based...
Page options
siddhi817
Community Member

Using overseas bank account while being based in another cou

Hi Guys,

I am a PR holder and currently in my native country on a long vacation. I wish to change my current location but keep using my overseas bank account as I dont have any account in my native country. Would Upwork allow me to keep using my overseas whilst location changed to another country ?

Regards,

Saad

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork doesn't place restrictions on using overseas banking accounts.

Preston H wrote:

Upwork doesn't place restrictions on using overseas banking accounts.

Huh? Of course they do.

With the exception of a US bank account, it is not possible to add a bank account in a country other than the one the freelancer says they are located in.

The country-identifier part of the IBAN is pre-entered (such as IT for Italy or DE for Germany) and cannot be changed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saad, 

If you have already added the bank account to your payment methods, withdrawing to the bank account while you are away shouldn't be an issue. 

May I confirm where you are currently located so that I can check your account for you? 

~ Avery
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

There's no need to change your location when you're just on vacation; your address should be your permanent address. 

eb8d220c
Community Member

I have the same issue could i be helped. I have residence in a different country and would like to receive my payment through a bank account in my native country. I am afraid of inputing my location as my country of residence because once I do so I cannot get paid through my bank account in my native country. How do I circumnavigate that

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths