Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using social media accounts with clients

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
11 of 14

@Vesna M wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea to reveal private life to strangers. Be it related to work or not. Unless your social accounts are more or less empty and show nothing at all.

Thank you. I knew I was not alone! Heh. I don't share my personal life on any social media channel, and never have. My personal life is not for public view, and I am vastly NOT interested in the "personal life" crap that is the mainstay of Facebook and Twitter feeds.

I don't see that view shared much anymore. Anywhere. My roomate, who is a senior citizen, lives on FB, and shares everything. Yeesh.

But I do have a "professional" FB page. That's it. I rarely update it, and it's there so mostly so nobody else could register the ID. (I have a problem with random women trying to use my name ALL over online).

sam-sly
Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
12 of 14

I've done it both ways. I have used whichever social media management tool a client uses (Hootsuite, HubSpot, Tailwind, CoSchedule, etc.) I also am an editor on some client Facebook pages. In that case, I believe the client and I had to be Facebook friends in order for this to happen. I've only done this with long-term clients that I feel comfortable with. The main reason for to be an editor (or administrator) is there are some functions on Facebook that you can't access through Hootsuite and similar programs. I haven't had any issues yet, but I probably wouldn't enter this arrangement with a rando or a new client unless the project involved creating their Facebook page. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
13 of 14

Samantha, 

Thanks for the explanation, I had wondered about the reason for OP's question. 

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
14 of 14

I am quite active on Facebook.  I would never share/ friend anyone from Upwork, be it client or freelancer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS