🐈
» Forums » Support » VAT ID not verified
Page options
polyniki
Community Member

VAT ID not verified

Hello, I am new to Upwork.

I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct.  I am totally frustrated that all I can talk to is the bot. How can I reach a real customer support agent?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Polyniki,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with adding your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

159 REPLIES 159
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Polyniki,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with adding your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have exactly the same problem. My VAT number has already been verified 3 times on the VIES website. All other info (address etc.) is exactly the same too. But somehow Upwork cannot validate it. 

Can anyone from Upwork take a look at this? 

Thanks a lot,

Janneke

Hi Janneke,

I'll share your account information with our support team and they'll reach out to you directly to assist you further with adding your VAT number.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have the same problem. My VAT number has already been verified 2 times on the VIES website. All other info is exactly the same. But Upwork cannot validate it. 

Can you (or your colleagues) from Upwork take a look at this? 

Thanks a lot,

Yasmina

Hi Yasmina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you also please help me, I have the same problem, a VIES verified VAT number but problems with Upwork. 

Hi Sophie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran!

I am new to Upwork and I have the same problem. I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct. 

Can you help me? I have resubmitted VAT nuber a few times and I don't know how what to do to make it valid!

Thank you,

Kristina

Hi Kristina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with seting up your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have the same problem as people in this thread - have valid EU VAT number, verified by VIES, but Upwork does not validate it. Can you please help with this issue?

It is really frustrating that I cannot find any contact for live support in the pages and only way how to posibly resolve an issue is to write here.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Petr

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Petr.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I am new to Upwork and I have the same problem. I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct.
Can you help me? I have resubmitted VAT number a few times and I don't know what to do to make it valid!

Hi Esther,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem. My VAT number can be easily verified on VIES but somehow Upwork cannot validate it. I've tried it several times. Please, help me!

Hi Daniel,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for replying, Goran, but unfortunately the issue is not yet solved. I said my number can be verified on the VIES website, so I assume your colleagues or the agent verified it here: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vatResponse.html? If you're not sure, can you please make sure they validate it on VIES again, if possible? All the customer agent gave me was one message, which he hasn't replied to as of yet, saying that there is some sort of formatting issue, but I submitted the same number format on the VIES website and VIES validated it! If it's valid on VIES, it MUST be valid on Upwork too, since that's what Upwork says. If Upwork is not validating something VIES is, then the Upwork system itself has a bug and I will not pay additional taxes because of system bugs. If nothing is done to fix this bug, I will have to contact the tax authorities here in my EU country (Portugal) and denounce what Upwork is forcing me to pay unnecessarily. 

Hi Daniel,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello everyone,

i have the same issue; my VAT Number is properly validated on VIES website but Upwork does not validate it.

Could someone help me on this please?
Many thanks

Mauro

Hi Mauro,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Having the same issue here. I've been reading through threads and threads of the same inconvenience people have been having for years now and obviously, nothing was done to correct and ease up the process. 

I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, the right company name, everything is correct.
Can you please help me? I have resubmitted my VAT number a few times and I don't know what to do to make it valid. 

Thanks!

Hi Monika,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have exactly the same problem. somehow Upwork cannot validate my VAT Number.
Everything is correct, VAT is also valid, I use it often.

Can anyone from Upwork take a look at this?

Thanks a lot,
Dora
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dora,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello!

Same issue here. All info I have entered is correct, I got valid VAT ID. I even tried adding letter preffix before numbers versus entering without letters, just numbers. All I get is not approved.
Please take a look at my issue, since I have already tried number of times.

Hi Sergejs,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

As all the rest, I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct. Done this 3 times now and still receive a message tha I should resubmit.

In addition the support ticket link you provide is dead.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Chrysostomos,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Chrysostomos. I'm having the same problem. Did you fix it? I think it's a bug in their system. It's really weird.

Hello,

I am having the same issues. Can someone please reach out to me? I can supply all certificates etc from HMRC

Hi Stan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I experience the same issue, I need to talk to someone.

Thank you in advance,

Anthi Malteza

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anthi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have the same issue - accepted on VIES, rejected by Upwork. Could you help me please,

Thanks,

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Simon,

Of course, our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I have the same problem. I have a valid VAT ID registered in the UK but the system is not accepting even if I enter the exact VAT format mentioned in the VIES website.

Please, can you help me with this?

Many thanks,

Sura

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Suradha,

One of our Customer Support team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your VAT. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

I have the same problem, my VAT number is not being accepted. Please can support contact me to add it? 

Thanks

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Could you please confirm if your VAT number is showing as verified in the VIES database? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem: I have a valid EU VAT ID that can be verified on VIES. Upwork will just not validate it. It is the right format, right company name, everything is correct. I am totally frustrated that all I can talk to is the bot. How can I reach a real customer support agent?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths